Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Serious Guilds?

Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    There is a limit, once enough guilds can level up to compete it will be close to impossible for a guild to control all cities at all times. It's just a matter of time, and other guilds need to step up in tech level and challenge.
    The only one who made any sense

To all the other non-believers....

There is no way 1 guild would be able to control ALL 12 cities. ATM your guilds max amount of members is 60, but hypothetically lets say by the time you can cap the 12th city you have 100 members.. and hypothetically ALL 100 members just happened to be online for g.warfare.. that's still 8-10 players per 1 city to defend. Probability of successfully defending all 12 cities... 0%

The g.warfare system that is in place now works (except the lvl 4 rewards) and there should not be a change. You won't have 100% participation from every member in your guild for every guild warfare every night, so let the guilds reap their rewards while they last because it won't be for long when other guilds come to power
    SizZiL
    Hammer Of Thor -iDeadly
    Storm of Cea -Horizons (Server128 First EST facebook server!)

Look at UpRising in Fire Realm, server 1.

They have 2 sub alliances, UpRising 2 and 3.

They have zero capable enemies in the realm.

You now understand why Boroeast says they can control all 12 cities?

Ironheart
    Quote Originally Posted by SizZiL View Post
    Probability of successfully defending all 12 cities... 0%
    Where'd you get that math from?
    Shock - Druids - Blaze of Fire Dragon (Quit)
    Phyll - Storm of Freyr

If you don't like it join the main guild. Don't worry break ups will happen in time like always

Champion
    Lol I seem to have this problem. I'm Vice-Host in my guild in Light Realm (Blaze of Fire Dragons) and we've been moving up and down between the 12th and 15th spots on ranking.. However, only one other guild challenges the top guild, and they are too strong. I'm hoping for more guilds to reach level 3 in the light realm at least, so that we have more of a chance to successfully capture a city.

There is another problem with Guilds. For all practical purposes in my realm there are only two Guilds. The first active player in the rankings that is not in one of the two is ranked 247, 132k power level 36. Both Guilds are level 3 and in cool-down for level 4. There is another level 3 Guild, but all their strong players went to one of the two top Guild or switched realms so they are not a factor. Of the other Guilds there are two Level 2 and the rest are Level 1.

This means that a Guild will only be facing one attack on their cities. Also, since there are no strong players left to form the nucleus of a Guild, this situation is not going to change.

There are two ways that I can think of that the game could be changed so Guild activities that it would be more competitive:
    1. Put a sliding cap on the total power that a guild can have. This could be based on the power of the top players on the realm. I do not think this is a good or practical idea.
    2. Put a cap on the number of players that a Guild can have of a certain Power level. There could be multiple thresholds like 5 of the ones in the to 25 in power level and 10 of the ones in the to 50 in the power level (these are just examples and not recommendations).
    3. The same as 2 but use ranking instead of power.

Something would have to be done to prevent a player from 'stripping down' so that he/she can join a Guild. There also need to be rules as to how long a Guild that exceeds the above restrictions has before the game starts to remove plates from the Guild to resolve the situation.

Andy, none of your suggestions seem practical.

Why not just make it so that 1 Guild can only hold a maximum amount of cities?

For example, only 3 cities can be controlled by a Guild at one time.

That defeats the purpose of Guild Wars. The strongest guild would occupy three cities and the next strongest one two. Unless there is a balance in the Guilds' power there will be no war in the situation that I described.

There was nothing wrong with gwf as it was. It was threads like this that gave them the idea to make the change on the 7/18 patch. Which is the worst idea ever and will make the game less competitive or fun.

Dont like the situation in your current guild or realm
    change
    its that simple. On server 1 there's little to no competition in any realm except forest. I was in dark and saw this, tried to make dark get more competitive. No one was interested at the time, so i moved to forest realm. I have GWF every night, we win some we lose some. Its fun.

Some people want the complete opposite. They want to sit in a dominant guild and not have real competition. That is fine. You can do that too. if you wante dthings to be more competitive you should never have started a thread like this which lead to the dumb idea of making GWF server wide on servers 11 and up. Which will basically make 1 guild/realm dominant and the rest bored and if they want to be competitive again they have to go to another server.

As I mentioned Server 1 only has forest realm with guilds actually competiting against each other every night for cities. We have one level 4 guild 2 level 3s that are almost level 4 and another level 3 guild. But other realms are starting to get this way too. So it was working just fine as is. There is no need to change it. It was never broke, it was awesome.; Now the new way is horrible and insures I never start a new server, becuase I prefer competition, not just sitting in either the one guild that owns everything or not.

Ironheart
    Quote Originally Posted by mattp169 View Post
    There was nothing wrong with gwf as it was. It was threads like this that gave them the idea to make the change on the 7/18 patch. Which is the worst idea ever and will make the game less competitive or fun.

Dont like the situation in your current guild or realm
    change
    its that simple. On server 1 there's little to no competition in any realm except forest. I was in dark and saw this, tried to make dark get more competitive. No one was interested at the time, so i moved to forest realm. I have GWF every night, we win some we lose some. Its fun.

Some people want the complete opposite. They want to sit in a dominant guild and not have real competition. That is fine. You can do that too. if you wante dthings to be more competitive you should never have started a thread like this which lead to the dumb idea of making GWF server wide on servers 11 and up. Which will basically make 1 guild/realm dominant and the rest bored and if they want to be competitive again they have to go to another server.

As I mentioned Server 1 only has forest realm with guilds actually competiting against each other every night for cities. We have one level 4 guild 2 level 3s that are almost level 4 and another level 3 guild. But other realms are starting to get this way too. So it was working just fine as is. There is no need to change it. It was never broke, it was awesome.; Now the new way is horrible and insures I never start a new server, becuase I prefer competition, not just sitting in either the one guild that owns everything or not.
    Not everyone can conjure up a ridiculous amount of gems and switch realms. On server 2 there is only 1 realm that doesn't have a guild who controls every city, it's not fun to sit here and one-hit the same guild every single day.
    Shock - Druids - Blaze of Fire Dragon (Quit)
    Phyll - Storm of Freyr