Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Valkyrie needs your help

  1. #11
    Forum Moderator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Klepto View Post
    The real solution here would be to allow a vote-kick to a host who hasn't logged on in the last 14-15 days. Get at least 15 votes or half the guild membership (whichever is smaller), and the host is kicked and automatically replaced with the vice host (or if one doesn't exist, member) who most recently logged in.

    It's simple and effective and keeps people moving forward on their own without manual developer intervention.
    That does not solve the issue that the Host paid the gems to form the Guild.

  2. #12
    Ironheart
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    That does not solve the issue that the Host paid the gems to form the Guild.
    And I say who cares that they paid gems to form it? They're AWOL and no longer maintaining the guild they formed. The people in that guild have also contributed greatly to the advancement of that guild and they should be able to move forward despite their host dying/vacationing/leaving for another server/whatever happened.

    You can always re-promote someone to Host if they come back. I don't see any issue with what I proposed as a solution.

  3. #13
    Forum Moderator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Klepto View Post
    And I say who cares that they paid gems to form it? They're AWOL and no longer maintaining the guild they formed. The people in that guild have also contributed greatly to the advancement of that guild and they should be able to move forward despite their host dying/vacationing/leaving for another server/whatever happened.

    You can always re-promote someone to Host if they come back. I don't see any issue with what I proposed as a solution.
    You assume that because the Host has not logged on for a while is because he does not want to ever play again. There are may other reason for it to happen. Here are some of them:
    1. Illness
    2. Lost of internet access (I lost my DSL line for a month once)
    3. Vacation
    4. Business travel
    5. Taking a break from the game for a while
    6. Personal problems
    7. etc.


    The Host paid to form the Guild. It is his property. It does not belong to the members. I am not saying that that is the way it should be, but because in the game you have to buy the Guild, it is the way it is.

    As far as your problem, the devs have already said that they will not remove the Host unless he has been inactive for over a month or they have agreement from the Host to do it, so the best thing that you can do is to ask them to email the host to see if the Host agrees to it and also to fill in the empty Vice Host slot to help keep the Guild running until either the host comes back, tells the devs to assign a now Host, or is gone for a month.

  4. #14
    What's the original cost of opening the guild?

    What have the members put into it in the form of contributions to get it to lvl5?

    "Ownership" becomes a sticky subject, imo.

  5. #15
    Ok guilds are not OWNED
    they cost coins not gems to start
    People who invest GEMS in the guild should be considered the OWNERS.

    I have seen guilds where the host never does a decent or grand

    So as long as the host is not removed from the guild by tynon there really should be no issue of reassigning it
    Since it is the members of the guild spending GEMS doing grand and decent investments.

    There should be some requirement that has to be met before tynon intervenes, but they should intervene eventually when the host no longer logs in

  6. #16
    Forum Moderator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    2,885
    I am sorry, I have never started a Guild myself and was going by what people had told me, that it cost Gems to start one. I think that the intent of this tread was to try to help Valkyrie's problem and it has degenerated, partly due to me, into a philosophical discussion on Guild ownership. Perhaps a new thread should be open to discuss that and leave this one for people to show their support.

    I am a VIP 8 in server 7. I am not a member of Valkyrie. I fully support their need to have a new Host assigned or at least the empty Vice Host position filled.
    Last edited by Andy; 08-29-2013 at 04:07 PM.

  7. #17
    Forum Moderator Morgan le Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clarity
    Posts
    2,023
    This was created because Valkyrie need help with their absent host issue. It's now, however become an argument on guild ownership.

    I don't want to sound too harsh but either this gets back on topic or I'm closing it.

    Thanks guys.

    Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems

  8. #18
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    VALKYRIE
    Posts
    3
    I have Relinquish Valkyrie to BMan008.. I've been in the sand.... problem was resolved though Tynon should consider the popular vote to allow such matters to keep Guilds going.. V/r Boopsie of Valkyrie

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Klepto View Post
    The real solution here would be to allow a vote-kick to a host who hasn't logged on in the last 14-15 days. Get at least 15 votes or half the guild membership (whichever is smaller), and the host is kicked and automatically replaced with the vice host (or if one doesn't exist, member) who most recently logged in.

    It's simple and effective and keeps people moving forward on their own without manual developer intervention.
    This would be good but don't kick them from guild just demote them to vice so they still in guild in case they do return they in easy contact with the guild.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •