Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Practical Rune Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Klepto View Post
    Endurance is only valuable to Mages because it adds more health than Vitality (I will be discussing this further in the actual guide). I added the innate Dodge for Blademaster heroes to the guide.
    Sorry but I consider 100 fragments for 2000 extra hp a bit of a waste on a mage unless you have gotten so many fragments you don't even need the 100 fragment runes for other heroes.

Ironheart
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Sorry but I consider 100 fragments for 2000 extra hp a bit of a waste on a mage unless you have gotten so many fragments you don't even need the 100 fragment runes for other heroes.
    That's your call, and I don't advocate for Endurance on mages to any significant degree. Ultimately what I offer is just a guide, not a mandate or a strict set of rules. It is up to each player to glean their own knowledge from my guide and use it how they see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Klepto View Post
    I haven't seen crits on world bosses either but I'm on the fence here.

My Dawnbringer has 144 crit, and is able to crit Wb's 3-5% of the time.

Last edited by Ego; 09-16-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Ign: Ego | Guild:.............| Power: 4mil+ | Server: Bow of Athena (S7) |Retired|
    Ign: ★Ego™ | Guild: FEAR | Power: 100mil+ | Server: Dreams of Hypnos (S65)
    |Active|

Ironheart
    Fair enough. I've updated the relevant portions of the guide to reflect that there can be some limited benefit from really high levels of Critical chance (mostly through innate stats, Saints, and/or set bonuses, as Advantage alone only goes up to 128 Critical chance at level 10).

thanks, thats a nice guide but i have a question...

does block also work for mages? can a mage block or is it as useless as crit on them?

greetings

Ironheart
    Quote Originally Posted by yapperwoky_7956399 View Post
    does block also work for mages? can a mage block or is it as useless as crit on them?
    Mages can block if they have a rune equipped with Block on it, however their physical attack is low so it's not very impressive. Better to put it on a physical damage hero in most cases.

Ironheart
    Updated critical chance sections to reflect 140 chance requirement to crit world bosses. 135 is apparently not enough.
    Last edited by Klepto; 09-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Ironheart
    Reorganized somewhat and added a link to chances of achieving "safe" Star levels with Blue Medals. Considering a formation guide soon either as part of this guide or as a separate entity.

Good job with this Klepto! Super impressive, and the amount of work it looks like you put into it. It's nice to have this type of information available packaged as neatly as you have here, keep up the good work.
    Questions about Gameplay, Runes, Heroes, Quests?

Please visit the links below for answers on these topics
    Report Tynon Bugs | Beta Feedback
    Rednaz Beta - s2 - s42 - s65

Ironheart
    Updated to include Bloodstorm's hidden passive, gaining damage as his current health decreases.