View Poll Results: Do you believe that getting your money back during this beta phase is a good idea?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • The demoralizing experiences of this game, need to be offset with a refund.

    4 40.00%
  • Money should not be refunded, that is true during any beta test.

    6 60.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: "Money Back Guarantee"

  1. #21
    Hopebringer effeminate_1999125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    killaz
    Posts
    30
    To Morgan le Fay: (Her post at 3:19 pm, Nov. 5)

    I should have known better than to write to such and Intelligent Girl, now I have the actual legal text to read. First let me include your main point... "YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT UCOOL IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION...".

    MORGAN'S MISTAKE: You took the quote out of context, "the Qualifying part" is... "FOR UNUSED VIRTUAL ENHANCEMENTS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED." Based on ucool's own legal writing, they are effectively saying, "If you have not used everything that you had purchased, (UNUSED VIRTUAL ENHANCEMENTS), you will not be compensated for it." You are approaching the problem Intelligently, BUT, I am not talking about, "when an account is closed". I am talking about, Tynon's own bugs in their system, "that Creates an Injustice", when "it deletes and/or diminishes the achievements that Tynon members have achieved, at no fault of their own." RIGHTFULLY, "The fault is that of ucool's software or servers, that has harmed their own customers, thus, it is this Injustice that I am trying to address." (To personalize it, "If you have been harmed by anyone, you have the Right to demand that those wrongs (injustices) be made right to you.) Whether morally, intellectually, philosophically, or Legal Reasoning, it is "good reasoning", and "it is Right".

    IN CLOSING: For ucool to type in 50 to 100 extra Gems, is not an unreasonable solution, it is simply "data entry", and it is "at no cost to ucool", YET, "it 'Compensates' the customer for their loses", so that they can Reestablish the loses that they had incurred. AND, "it helps to keep happy customers, who will return again to spend their money again."
    Last edited by effeminate_1999125; 11-05-2013 at 11:13 PM.

  2. #22
    Forum Moderator Morgan le Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clarity
    Posts
    2,023
    Just quoted the paragraph in which that extract was situated. What I am explaining is, you cannot expect to get a money back guarantee on a free service. You pay for gems to buy power ups, not for your account itself which is why Tynon included that in their ToS. I'm sorry we do not see eye to on this subject but I'm just being realistic.

    @Andy, Tynon isn't the only game I've played where content is added a various intervals. This game I might add is completely unconnected yo Tynon or uCool and it too was a browser based MMOprg.

    Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems

  3. #23
    Hopebringer effeminate_1999125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    killaz
    Posts
    30
    To Morgan le Fay (Her post at 5:25 pm, Nov. 5)

    Morgan... You have good point, but it is not a perfect answer to "calebvanvooren_7092773" (4:41 pm). Let me explain, you are saying, "You do not pay a subscription fee... [therefore] you can't claim money back for something that you did not officially pay for." Logically that is Good Reasoning, but in Reality, that is not true. You are claiming that they did not pay for anything, therefore, 'no refund'. BUT, some people, maybe not all, "have paid for Gems". And those Gems buy Coins & Credits which can be used to 'buy' other things. BUT, "When Tynon's bugs, rip you off of the things that you "effectively paid for", an Injustice has occurred, which Tynon's customers would be right in "being Compensated for their loses by ucool products". Thus, THEY DID PAY FOR SOMETHING, AND IT IS "THAT FACT" "THAT QUALIFIES THEM" FOR A REFUND. (Even if it is in Gems that do not cost ucool a thing.)

    IN CLOSING: It is not "the service" that they want and deserve their money back for, it is because of such defective software or server problems, that rips them off of what "they paid for".
    Last edited by effeminate_1999125; 11-05-2013 at 11:14 PM.

  4. #24
    Hopebringer effeminate_1999125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    killaz
    Posts
    30
    the.sassy.jasper_3887821 (Post at 5:33 pm, Nov. 5)

    The way to get your money back is, for Tynon to add additional Gems to your account, and you will have no need to close your account.
    Last edited by effeminate_1999125; 11-05-2013 at 11:14 PM.

  5. #25
    Judgment Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,512
    I can't remember the last time tynon's bugs have ripped me off of coins, credits, medals that I purchased with gems. Just saying.

    Oh and if gaming companies offered refunds every time a bug was found in the software after the game was released, I don't think there would be as many gaming companies around today.

  6. #26
    Hopebringer effeminate_1999125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    killaz
    Posts
    30
    To Herby's post, (2:58 pm, Nov. 5)

    I appreciate your helpfulness, "But I do not need to 'Refresh', (Since Nov. 3rd, I have been tracking my Power gains, and loses due to Tynon, on a spreadsheet.), and there is a pattern to when you lose Power."

    First, note your changes in Power when you make Equipment upgrades, buy more Talent, and purchase more Runes. (And yes I know about power changes during Rune changes.) You will notice that your Power always increases, and by how much.

    Second, check that Power against your Power that is listed under "Rankings" under your own Profile. You will notice that, it is the Rankings Power Rating that has not Refreshed yet. My theory is, "When you attack in the Arena that you can only attack with the Power that is listed in the Rankings, and therefore when the Rankings has refreshed, so has the rest of the system."

    HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When there is a Power difference between the Power you have listed at the top left corner of your window, and the Power that is listed in the Rankings, AND that difference has existed for "hours", then it has high percentages, that the Power at the top left corner of your web page will be adjusted down to match the Power that is listed in the Rankings, and it will be done at no fault of your own. And, it is because of this fault in the system, that creates the injustice in Tynon members Power scores, that should be offset by an equivalent adjustment in Gems, so to make the game more fair, and tolerating the bugs would be more easily accepted by Tynon members.

    I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by effeminate_1999125; 11-06-2013 at 05:29 AM.

  7. #27
    Championship Warfare Scribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by effeminate_1999125 View Post
    HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When there is a Power difference between the Power you have listed at the top left corner of your window, and the Power that is listed in the Rankings
    You do realize that the power on your main page is only a approximation. As it doesn't always update as fast as you make changes, even refreshing doesn't always list the right one.
    You do realize that the power listed in the rankings is your max power its recorded you at for any given formation you have had on.
    If you can provide visual screenshots of an actual issue then you might have a case regarding power, but as a whole whenever I see people fighting they have the correct power.

    It is the same as when tynon broke Cianna's in combat visuals, it didn't actually effect the outcome of the fight as the battle is played out instantly and results are known before you see any of the actual fight.
    It would be nice if the power displayed on the main page was indeed more accruate, more often. But in terms of your account strength. If you increase a rune your power goes up, regardless of what the dodgy power listings say.


    Oh and just a note it doesnt adjust down anything to match the rankings page. My rankings page lists my power as 29.2mil and my current power is 28.9mil.
    My 29.2mil was with valla, 28.9mil is when i don't use valla (higher saint rankings then all my other 5 position heroes.)
    Last edited by Kruize; 11-06-2013 at 06:15 AM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by effeminate_1999125 View Post
    To Herby's post, (2:58 pm, Nov. 5)

    I appreciate your helpfulness, "But I do not need to 'Refresh', (Since Nov. 3rd, I have been tracking my Power gains, and loses due to Tynon, on a spreadsheet.), and there is a pattern to when you lose Power."

    First, note your changes in Power when you make Equipment upgrades, buy more Talent, and purchase more Runes. (And yes I know about power changes during Rune changes.) You will notice that your Power always increases, and by how much.

    Second, check that Power against your Power that is listed under "Rankings" under your own Profile. You will notice that, it is the Rankings Power Rating that has not Refreshed yet. My theory is, "When you attack in the Arena that you can only attack with the Power that is listed in the Rankings, and therefore when the Rankings has refreshed, so has the rest of the system."

    HERE IS THE PROBLEM: When there is a Power difference between the Power you have listed at the top left corner of your window, and the Power that is listed in the Rankings, AND that difference has existed for "hours", then it has high percentages, that the Power at the top left corner of your web page will be adjusted down to match the Power that is listed in the Rankings, and it will be done at no fault of your own. And, it is because of this fault in the system, that creates the injustice in Tynon members Power scores, that should be offset by an equivalent adjustment in Gems, so to make the game more fair, and tolerating the bugs would be more easily accepted by Tynon members.

    I hope that this helps.
    Everything that Kruize said.

    Also, I add, that power doesn't represent an accurate gauge of an account's capability. It is only a summation of all the attributes of an account in numerical form. Don't be misled by power, nor be chained by it. What counts are the numbers found by, as the labyrinth calls it, "clicking the hero inside the hero tab".

    Even with all your fancy words and twisting logic, you show that you are still an amateur in this game by your putting too much stress on power numbers.



    The best suggestion I could give you is to forget about tracking your power numbers, and instead, focus on advancing through the heroic realms and through the labyrinth.

    Power is not what helps you defeat enemies and bosses. Damage, Health, Defense, Dodge, Crit and the rest of the stats do.
    Last edited by Herby; 11-06-2013 at 07:00 AM.

  9. #29
    @effeminate_1999125 You read the TOS any way you want to but the core of the problem is that the 22stars you used all have a % of success. While some have more luck than others, your % is clearly stated and thus you can complain and use parts of the TOS till youre blue in the face, it wont change the fact that you had some bad luck. And for your power fluctuation problem, its as Herby said cant really add much to that.

    And Morgan, even tho the TOS say the account i use is theirs and not mine, im not allowed to let anyone else use my account(or sell it) as thats against the TOS as well right. So that would, at the very least give me some form of ownership

  10. #30
    Forum Moderator Morgan le Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clarity
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by avalontracer_3661413 View Post
    And Morgan, even tho the TOS say the account i use is theirs and not mine, im not allowed to let anyone else use my account(or sell it) as thats against the TOS as well right. So that would, at the very least give me some form of ownership
    All you 'own' is the gems you buy. Why it states you can't sell or transfer your account is simply because you don't own it. It's akin to hiring or borrowing a car, then selling it on to a third party.

    Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •