Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 169

Thread: Upcoming Server Mergers

  1. #21
    Hopebringer Harken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Gauntlet
    Posts
    26
    Ah the winds of change I can feel your sweet breeze. I for one hope this works out for the best and think its something that should be tried.

  2. #22
    Lightbringer
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    WhoreHouse
    Posts
    579
    Another stall tactic?
    Going into Cryosleep Wake me up when new heroes and new tournament are here please.
    What I Speak is the Truth...
    What YOU delete must hurt you

  3. #23
    Forum Moderator Morgan le Fay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Clarity
    Posts
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    No Morgan.

    Usually big players have big egos as well.
    They will not stay in one guild because this means they will have to compete in one arena.
    Big players want to be #1 or 2 in the arena everyday.

    Thus, they won't want to bunch up in one alliance only.
    And since there will be 5 realms, they have a multitude of arenas to choose from.
    Which is what we got now.

    Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems

  4. #24
    I actually like this idea.

  5. #25
    I can see this working. The best way to handle it would be to take three- five servers from the same time zone (e.g. West Coast). Then have each server become a new realm. This would mimic the model of the first ten servers with realm wide guild wars, and make sailing more competitive. Guilds, cities, and rivalries would transfer over intact. With this said, I am not certain if five realms is optimal. I preferred the four we had when beta started.

    I have a concern about players with one character on two or three different servers that merge. One account per player per server is the rule. I have VIP status on four servers, with three characters still active. I would not like losing one of those characters.

    An option for high VIP players (say VIP7+) to transfer their characters to a special server might be of interest. This would provide a special challenge for the strongets players.

  6. #26
    all the speculation, it is fun to see you guys make up scenarios of what they might do and treat it as gospel truth.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by rafmeister_5440998 View Post
    An option for high VIP players (say VIP7+) to transfer their characters to a special server might be of interest. This would provide a special challenge for the strongets players.
    Bull ****. Stop ****ing messing with VIP players, thanks to them you can play for free.

    They can spend their own cash, or daddy and mommy's cash at their convenience..

  8. #28
    Forum Moderator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    2,885
    The real problem is that the Guilds are not balanced in power. If there was a way to limit how much power a Guild can have it would lead to formation of several guilds that can compete with each other. Of course, then there would not be any way to prevent the top guilds to become allies, but at least it would be a step in the right direction.

    Having said that, this can not be implemented on exiting servers (merged or not) because it would force the exiting guilds to break up.

  9. #29
    Forum Moderator Jupitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The real problem is that the Guilds are not balanced in power. If there was a way to limit how much power a Guild can have it would lead to formation of several guilds that can compete with each other. Of course, then there would not be any way to prevent the top guilds to become allies, but at least it would be a step in the right direction.

    Having said that, this can not be implemented on exiting servers (merged or not) because it would force the exiting guilds to break up.
    Limiting a guild on power isn't the best of ideas, why try to punish players who work well together and are strong? I think merging servers will create a lot of competition within realms...


    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    If You Want Peace, Prepare For War

    Forum Rules|Tynon Wiki|The Green Dragon

  10. #30
    Forum Moderator Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Sol
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupitor View Post
    Limiting a guild on power isn't the best of ideas, why try to punish players who work well together and are strong? I think merging servers will create a lot of competition within realms...
    Can you come up with a better way to fix the problem? As long as all the top player can join one guild there will be no competition between guilds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •