Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Useful spreadsheet

Lightbulb Useful spreadsheet

I have created an Excel spreadsheet that has several useful function fot playing the game. It is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzm...it?usp=sharing Each function is on a different tab. The functions are
    • A Cooldown calculator where you enter the hours and minutes and it gives you the date and time when the cooldown will end for both the straight cooldowns and the Thursday ones.
    • Another cooldown calculator where you can enter multiple cooldowns and it will add them up for both the straight cooldowns and the Thursday ones. Useful if you want to know when a series of cooldowns that you plan on using on a queue will end.
    • A Lab guess a number aid. You enter the number you are going to use and then if it was high or low. It calculates the next set of high and low numbers, the mid point, the mid point + and - 10% an the number of possible values. It lets you know if the the number you are going to enter is outside the current range and also if it is too close to the top or bottom of the range.
    • A WB calculator where you enter where the current damage is in millions (up t 2 decimal places) and it calculates how far ahead or behind you are to kill it with 4 minutes to spare for the last hit mode. It does it for both the 250 mil and 50 mil WB (for 50 mil to kill it before 45:00). Useful to see if boosting is needed.
    • A lot of the formations that my 3 children and I have used to beat bosses, both in HR and quests. These are in no particular order.

There is one macro in the spreadsheet that is used to clear the values in the Lab tab. Because of these you may get a security message when you open it.

Once you have used it, feel free to post any suggestions of problems that you find.

November 27,2013
    Uploaded a new version see http://bbs.tynon.com/showthread.php?...ll=1#post24641 for details.

November 28,2013
    Fixed a problem with the server time stamp calculations.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-28-2013 at 04:02 PM.

testing...
    “Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I found a problem with the Lab tab. I will post when I fix it.

I was wrong. There is nothing wrong with it, at least as far as I know.
    Last edited by Andy; 11-15-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Lightbringer
    you realize that as long as you start at 250, and go half way in between for each number you are guaranteed to guess the right number in 9 guesses right? ex: 250 higher 375 lower 313 higher 345 lower 329 lower 321 higher 345 higher 347 lower 346

Quote Originally Posted by DrthCaedus View Post
    you realize that as long as you start at 250, and go half way in between for each number you are guaranteed to guess the right number in 9 guesses right? ex: 250 higher 375 lower 313 higher 345 lower 329 lower 321 higher 345 higher 347 lower 346
    Yes, but some people like me take some chances to try to get more of the 20 or 30 points.

Lightbringer
    I average 20 points for ever guess the number square. sometimes 10, sometimes 30. I prefer a guaranteed 10 points rather than 0.

Andy, I am so excited try out your excel sheet!!!! That link is not working in any of my browers (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
    Last edited by Morgan le Fay; 11-16-2013 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Removing email link

Quote Originally Posted by goffdoffing View Post
    Andy, I am so excited try out your excel sheet!!!! That link is not working in any of my browers (IE, Firefox, Chrome)
    Sent. Any one else having trouble with the link? It is to a Google Drive.
    Last edited by Morgan le Fay; 11-16-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Removing email link

Good job in the spread sheet!

/Sticked
    Boroeast
    Guild: UpRisingII
    Fire Realm

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt,"

Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Boroeast View Post
    Come one now (: Is just a game, have fun buddy!
    One of the wisest things said on this forum to date!

Exclamation Uploaded new version

I uploaded a new version of the spreadsheet. These are the changes:
    1. Added time stamps calculations for server time to both Cooldown tabs. You provide the server time offset in a cell. Instructions on how to do it are in the spreadsheet.
    2. In the Cooldown 2 tab added time stamps for the individual lines so that you can better calculate the ends of each cooldown to be at a convenient time for you. Also added a macro that clears all the times entered.
    3. In the Lab tab reorganized the columns so that they make more sense.
    4. Split the WB sheet into two sheets. One for beating the Boss in 54 minutes (WB 54) and the other one for beating the Boss in 9 minutes (WB 9). WB 54 supports both the 250 million and 1.25 billion WBs. WB9 supports the 50 and 250 million WBs.
    5. Fixed some spelling errors and fixed descriptions and instructions as appropriate.