Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pirates rules/proposal

It's good to see that there is at least some interest in recognizing that there is a problem with this practice. Of course, it IS a war game, but even in real warfare, there are "rules of engagement" that are intended to govern behavior of at least the so-called civilized participants.

And it's good to find that it is an issue on more than a single server. I do hope that the issue draws attention. Thank you for your comments to date.

I do agree with the fact of players not using the maps they get for sailing , if they sink , i do know some of my larger players steal maps, pass them off to weaker members in there guild so that they can sail do to the fact that they can not steal them
    but then your right there are also those that just toss them on one of many alts to stop a guild from sailing
    There is no good way to handle this ,capping the attempts for maps doesn't help some of the mid range players, but i'm sure tynon must have a way to track how many maps you collect
    capping that is the best way
    and i woul say that cap should be at least 8 double the sails to account for lost maps on shore

An alternative would be to stop the mega players from "stripping" to allow their mules from stealing maps. We have one guild on our server who not only has multiple alts in his main guild but also has 2 other guilds (that we know of) that they pass onto day and night. The realm we are in is dying because it seems this player and his guild has bought the server. Tynon needs to sort this as pvp is pretty much dead on our server. Pirates is a complete waste of time. Looks like this is pretty much the case on several other servers. Comments like sailing with bigger players does not help when certain players have more money than sense (especially of fair game) and have spent so much money that no one is able to sail again them. This game is becoming a bore. Unfortunately it smacks of Evony where money rules. I do hope Tynon does something to put an end to the abuse of game play.

It's easy to say "Just grow bigger and compete....don't let them sink you." But think about people other than adults with lots of money to spend on the game. There are youngsters and people who either don't or can't spend enough to "buy" the game. They will not be able to grow and not be sunk regularly. It becomes a battle of wealth, not of skill and honor.

The new players, and those who are too small, don't have a chance to grow without spending a lot of money. Perhaps that is by design. If so, then the end game for Tynon is a stalemate, unless enough people come in and try. I would think that enough of the mid-range players who are frustrated by this flaw in the game quitting would create such a gap in the size range that the big players would soon bore of sinking the <100k players, and soon enough, the influx of new players would not support the system. Add that to the fact that at some point, the big players would not need to spend much money, except to compete against each other, and then there would only be a small number of players actually paying to play. Not a good long term plan.

It all comes back to the need to address this issue. There must be a simple way to eliminate the problem.

I agree that something needs to be done about the sink and pass problem. There are some Guilds that use nalts on other guilds to pass maps. Now with being able to get 3 maps the need for 'legitimate' (for the purpose of sailing) stealing and sinking is a lot less that what it sued to be. I there is a limit of 12 PvP attacks PvP in the wild. One solution would be to include attacks in the Caribbean (both steals and sinkings) in that limit.

It's not about growing bigger, it's about playing smarter:

-- If you see the "big guild" that keeps sinking your guild ships has right maps as their common maps, then every ship from YOUR guild should also start with a right map -- don't give them maps they need.
    -- Don't sail 1-by-1. Gather 3+ sets of sailing partners and sail all at the same time. Some will sink, but some will get through (ESPECIALLY if you set sail during Baal/Cerb or right after GW).
    -- Don't complain to these pirates in private or world chat; they will only sink you more, as it adds to their fun.
    -- Finally, if these big players are handing off maps after sinking ships, STOP ROBBING THEIR MAPS WHEN THEY POWER DOWN.

Tynon has done a lot to help smaller players in the Caribbean already: more attempts, more free maps, and half rewards even if you sink.
    -- Neriya, Beauty of Aphrodite, Server 78.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_1360826 View Post
    It's not about growing bigger, it's about playing smarter:

-- If you see the "big guild" that keeps sinking your guild ships has right maps as their common maps, then every ship from YOUR guild should also start with a right map -- don't give them maps they need.
    -- Don't sail 1-by-1. Gather 3+ sets of sailing partners and sail all at the same time. Some will sink, but some will get through (ESPECIALLY if you set sail during Baal/Cerb or right after GW).
    -- Don't complain to these pirates in private or world chat; they will only sink you more, as it adds to their fun.
    -- Finally, if these big players are handing off maps after sinking ships, STOP ROBBING THEIR MAPS WHEN THEY POWER DOWN.

Tynon has done a lot to help smaller players in the Caribbean already: more attempts, more free maps, and half rewards even if you sink.
    One more. If possible wait until late in the day to do the sailing when most of the big players have had their 4 sails done.

Lightbringer
    No stop spreading these tricks! So hard to get fourth sail now, seems like nobody is sailing with the map I need now lol.

lets change it to submarines that randomly submerge and surface and you can not be sunk while submereged
    But at vip 65 you can get depth charges to allow you to sink submerged subs
    and at vip 87 you can get nuclear reactor which lets you do your sail in half the time.

Then we have npc ships sailing with maps so you can sink them for a map as well.
    but the npcs have to be boats not subs
    oh and then we can have npc airplanes that fly across the screen randomly and sink the highest powered ship on the screen

Oh and lets just get rid of maps and not limit the number of sails
    if you are attacked you and your partner get in the life boat and continue your journey.
    While in life boats sharks may randomly attack you.
    The shark will only kill the highest power person in the life boat
    If a shark attacks then since only one person is in life boat now it takes twice as long to finish but that person gets double rewards

Roflmao!!!