Quote Originally Posted by Jupitor View Post
    Blue heroes can only go to Saint V, not Half Angel V
    Nope Half Angel V, well my Catherine is a Half Angel l

Blue Half Angel V
    Purple Angel V
    Gold Archangel V
    Leader Dominion V

Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems

I just added a new section on World Bosses!

Thanks for this thread ChickenWing, very useful and helpful and I must say i picked up a few tips here. Very much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Thanks for this thread ChickenWing, very useful and helpful and I must say i picked up a few tips here. Very much appreciated!
    Thank you Willow!

I just added a new section on reputation!

Great guide!

I have an opposing strategy to balancing blacksmiths though. While it does get you the most efficient power per cost, it leaves you no control over the cooldown time. i.e. if upgrading an equipment takes 17 hours and you have 5 hours until thorsday, your best option will be to wait for the day change (wasting 5 hours of possible crafting time). If you keep the equipment unbalanced, however, you can pick a gear that will take 5 hours when you need to wait 5 hours and 6 for 6, etc. If you know you will be back in 12 hours, you can pick the appropriate gear. Also, before thorsday ends, it is best to use the longest cooldown possible to take advantage of it being cut in 1/4.

You are correct that you get more power your way, so I'm still not sure the best way to do things. I also like to stack power on heroes I think have good skills, more on defensive gear for my tanks, etc. If you look at my equips, you would prob think it's a mess, but I like this way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid_907652 View Post
    Great guide!
    Thank you Cupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid_907652 View Post
    I have an opposing strategy to balancing blacksmiths though. While it does get you the most efficient power per cost, it leaves you no control over the cooldown time. i.e. if upgrading an equipment takes 17 hours and you have 5 hours until thorsday, your best option will be to wait for the day change (wasting 5 hours of possible crafting time). If you keep the equipment unbalanced, however, you can pick a gear that will take 5 hours when you need to wait 5 hours and 6 for 6, etc. If you know you will be back in 12 hours, you can pick the appropriate gear. Also, before thorsday ends, it is best to use the longest cooldown possible to take advantage of it being cut in 1/4.
    This is a good point! I actually do that too. Dawnbringer's sword will be higher for instance, and I will take advantage of Thor's Day (I love that pun!) to boost it, whereas I will keep my lower level equipments for the other days. You should remember that these are general guidelines and that you can diverge a bit. It' still a good idea, though, to allow all your heroes to deal good damage. Even my tanks have Bane so that they can deal damage too. If you only have one big hitter, you're screwed when he dies!

I will add your point about Thor's Day and higher level equipments to the guide.

I've added two sections: "more on runes" and "more on formations". Feel free to share your thoughts on each and to suggest different approaches. These are based on my personal experience, and I haven't gotten to certain of the new heroes in the game yet.
    Last edited by ChickenWing; 12-24-2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: typos, I can't type

Let me add that when doing some tests - When you block to take half the damage you would have taken, and when you counter attack you do half of a normal attack. Unless the character starts with an initial Block value above 0 or unless you get block on a saint level. Try to get Dodge instead of block runes.
    For Smoulder "Critical hits runes are a waste"
    If you get a Critical hit Rune -Give them to Shayd, Cianna, Thucydides - first (stunners), then Adamanti, Valla, Rhize , etc.(physical Multi-attack skill characters), then Bloodstorm (hits 100 morale and get all following attacks as skill (phys and Skill damage combined) ad to that x2 damage of a Critical and you'll roughly 4 times as much as his physical attack alone)

Resilience is most important when fighting things that can stun ie Necromancers and Fire Nagas etc. Or things that have High Critical hit ratings themselve (especially in the Areana etc) I have my Smoulder at resilience 95 and he almost never takes a critical hit and almost never gets stunned. Very important to keep him alive and hitting multiple targets.

Not Hit rating generally doesn't matter to fighter characters, until you start fighting things that have high dodge ratings. Feed the HR boosters to your mages, Catherine, Mehvidan, and especially Shayd and Smoulder. these people tend to miss way tooo much unless their HR are through the roof.

Mountain/Mesa runes and the runes for Skill defense and Magic defense are very inmportant for the first 40-50 levels. After that they provide almost no advantage - and no advantage when your fighting lower level enemies. Every monster will (except if dodged) will do some level of Damage (Hell hound almost never drop less than the low 400's (402 is the lower end) when they attack you no matter how high your physical defense is. On blocks that would be half (201) although I did see a 199 once in over 300 Data sets that I collected. Even the lowly Hungry Dead will still do something like 20 points of damage on an attack against a 90th level character with a 60,000 PD.

These are good for low levels. But merge them away as soon as convenient after 40th level when you need to use a rune spot for something better Like a critical, resilience, dodge, block, hit rating or health.
    Also the few that boost your damage Attack = physical, mage, or skill are best had early then kept for specific characters later on

For example I have the number one spot reserved for a Vigor or Vitality rune (hard to get without spending rune fragments) for all characters. Health points
    The Number 2 is reserved for Superiority / Advantage (hard to get 20 fragments) or in the case of Smoulder I have Dexterous to resist critical hits - again tested over 100 fights giving him a Critical hit rune of +50 and never got even 1 critical hit from those over 200-300 individual attacks against on average 2 individual monsters hits per attack. NOT ONE, NOT ONE. Capitalized for Emphasis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The number 3 spot is reserved for the Morale boosting Runes Partisan with my highest ones going to Bloodstream, Valla and Cianna for the stated reasons above. For the Mage characters I save this spot for Focus to increase their Mage Attacks.

The number 4 slot serves as the Block/Dodge spot. All the fighters get a wall to block and counter attack. (Except for Bloodstorm - For some reason he comes with a Dodge rating - so I enhance it with Agility no need to have runes for both block and dodge, when you can use the spot for more useful runes, and easily - get him to 90-110 Dodge which is more important to keep him undamaged ad slaugtering with his skill attack.
    Everyone else I boost agility to get a high dodge, better to save them than worry about "counterattackking at 1/2 damage". I find staying undamaged for an additional round where you get to inflict 100% damage or get a critical ahit and do 200% is more than worth the tradeoff.

The number 5 slot I use for the HIT Rating improving runes (Hawkishness and Preciseness (20 rune fragments hard to get)) for the Mages.

5 Spot for others and the rest are for things that are to overcome weaknesses or help make the characters more powerful Break, Resilience, Skill Damage, Physical damage, Physical/Skill/Mage defenses based mostly on what I have left and how many spots avaiable.
    Valla and Bloodstorm can never have too much Physical Attack and Skill attack. and when fighting high level enemies, boosting a low defense helps in some situations.

Keep in mind that it is far easier and cheaper to up your defenses and attack by talent or equipment upgrades.

1,280K purchasing runes will get you about 1,680 EXP to add to one rune, which may add only a little to an attack or defense rune once above a certain level. Mesa Lvl 1 = +175 PD, Mountain Lvl 1 = +100 PD, Trance +100 MA, Guildmaster +100 SA.
    Mesa takes 240 to get to level 2 and the others 120. at 240 they go to +150 while Mesa goes up by 75 the others by 50 every level at a cost from that point doubling 480,960,1920,3840,7680,15360,30720,61440, etc. whole lotta coin for 50 or 75 PD,SA,MA

or to specify better 1 and a half million coin to get to the 1920 (+50 or +75), 3 million to get to 3840 (+50 or +75), 6 million to get to 7680 (+50 or +75), 12 million to get to 15360 (+50 or +75) 24 million to get to 30720 (+50 or +75), 48 million etc.
    That is just 1 rune for 1 character, you get a bigger bump for less coin by raising the equipment levels at the blacksmith, and bigger gains for all with talent increases.

good for beginners but after 40-50th level to expensive and not worth the effort for these low level runes. Much more efficient to get a Superiority Rune, at level 5 , 3840 exp (3 million coins) you get a +42 to Critical giving you almost a 50% chance of Critical which is x2 damage, on average x 1.5 damage per hit. or a 20,000 point hit become a 30,000 point hit average at higher levels so do you spend 3,000,000 coin for a level 7 rune that gives you +400 on a skill attack regardless of weapon level, or the same 3 million and the damaged auto ups at every sword level increase. I say 10,000 more damage for 3 million coin is way better than 400.

There are of course higher status runes like Burlliness, Messines, Flintness that at level 5 (7680 exp ) will give a defense of +2250 better than nothing, if you have an empty rune spot that you don't have something more important to put in at themoment, plus why waste a good high value rune against something powerful. That might get you 1 more round in some cases, which could mean the difference between winning and losing. Say a fight goes 6 rounds, that would save you 13500 damage to a character. Which in turn gives you taht one additional 30,000 critical hit that finishes off the last opponent, instead of you being dead.

Basically Defense and attack runes are marginal at best, compared to the more important other runes.

Especially fighting Baal / Cerb where defense is useless, and offense is just to maximize your coin, creds and reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by AlDimeolaRules_7825391 View Post
    Let me add that when doing some tests - When you block to take half the damage you would have taken, and when you counter attack you do half of a normal attack. Unless the character starts with an initial Block value above 0 or unless you get block on a saint level. Try to get Dodge instead of block runes.
    It is true that you do half the damage, but a counter attack with critical hit is still significant. Moreover, most players have high hit ratings, but break is barely used. Sometimes, block is a better option, because people tend to use the hit runes and not the break runes. This means you will find it easier to block them than to dodge them. Moreover, most people do not add mages to their formation and use 4 or 5 physical fighters. This means block is always effective, and that you aren't much penalized for not using dodge (because block is useless against magic). In many cases, block will be more effective in my experience. I'm still very fond of dodge, but I find people undervalue block.

Quote Originally Posted by AlDimeolaRules_7825391 View Post
    If you get a Critical hit Rune -Give them to Shayd, Cianna, Thucydides - first (stunners), then Adamanti, Valla, Rhize , etc.(physical Multi-attack skill characters), then Bloodstorm (hits 100 morale and get all following attacks as skill (phys and Skill damage combined) ad to that x2 damage of a Critical and you'll roughly 4 times as much as his physical attack alone)
    You seem to imply that critical hit affects stunning rate. Am I correct? Can anyone comment on this?