Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the game? Read This!

Exclamation New to the game? Read This!

Welcome to Tynon!

If you are reading this it is because you were most likely directed here by a mail you got in game or someone was nice enough to send you here.
    So you are new to the game and you are going to have a lot of questions, here are some of the basic things you should know before you jump into the game.

Character Creation

!!IMPORTANT!!
    Once you select your character class and sex you will NOT be able to change it. Make sure you are happy with your choice and avatar name BEFORE you hit continue on the character creation screen because this will be permanent.

If you already got past that point and you still don't like your character here are some options
    1. Using the same e-mail address you registered with you can play on a different server and create a new character.
    2. Create a new e-mail account/address and register to the game again so you can play on the server you are on right now.

Game Basics

The game Auto-Saves, you do not need to do anything to save the game your progress is saved at regular intervals.
    There is no logout of the game. There are benefits to staying logged in 24/7 we'll get to that later.
    In order to Exit the game simply Close your browser window. Don't worry you will not lose anything the game auto-saves at regular intervals.
    Follow the quest line from the point you start the game. This will help teach you the basics of combat in the game and get you used to how the battle system works
    If you get sidetracked off of the quest you are working on you can return to it by click on the quest on the right hand side of your game screen. This is directly under the radar/map screen on the top right side of your game screen.

Chatting

At the bottom left of your screen you will see other people talking here is the breakdown of what does what

The ALL tab will broadcast across the server for everyone to see, this will cost you gems to use if you do not have speakers (this can cost you real money).
    The REALM tab will broadcast your chat across your realm, there are 5 realms. Fire, Water, Light, Dark and Forest, the realm you belong to is denoted by a small icon at the top left of your game screen next to your avatar photo.
    The GUILD tab is used for chatting to other people in your guild once you join one. Make sure you are on the GUILD tab when announcing things related to Caribbean Pirates, Guild Warfare etc,.
    The PRIVATE tab is used for whispering to individual people. When you select this tab the default will say "Name". Change that to the name of the player you want to talk to followed by a space and then your sentence for example: Rednaz Hey how are you?
    To minimize or increase the size of your chat window look on the chat tabs next to the word private you will see two small arrows up and down, click the down facing one to minimize your chat window, respectively click the up facing arrow to make your chat window bigger.

Attacking

Yes you CAN attack other players in this game. This is a PvP game.
    As of 6/20/2013 an update was implemented wherein you can no longer check a person before attacking them. If you can attack them they will be red and a clashing swords icon will appear. USE EXTREME CAUTION since you cannot see the power level of the person you are about to attack. Source
    {{section removed}}
    Level restrictions for attacking do exist, I'll leave this for you to discover along the way just keep in mind you will not be able to attack everyone you see.

Other Things

Stamina is the energy you use to attack other players or monsters. You use 1 each time you attack someone. Some monsters or events will cost MORE than 1 stamina to take part in.
    You get 1 stamina every 10 minutes for free so if you run out just go afk or do something else for a while.
    Everyday at 6am and 6pm at your time zone you will get a free 30 stamina bonus because Tynon is awesome!
    You can earn FREE credits everyday by participating in the Noble Lady quest in the game on your server!
    You can rank up your title using reputation, you can get reputation in the Area defeating other people, out in the wild by attacking other players AND winning or by participating in various events on the server you are playing on.

Read this Thread by Suds on the forums Suds's Ultimate Guide to Tynon (Help for newbs and vets) for a ton of useful information on Runes, Stats, Heroes and other nifty things about this game you should know.

Visit the Tynon Wiki at http://tynon.wikia.com

Have even more questions to things not found on the wiki? Ask your fellow players here on the forums over in General Discussion or ask in game!

The following information is outdated and no longer valid due to game changes:
    Use your mouse to hover over the player you are interested in attacking, when you do this a menu will pop up with a few options. IF you can attack the player you are targeting the word "attack" will show up at the bottom of this menu.
    Make sure you "Check Profile" on people BEFORE you attack to make sure your power level is higher than theirs. This will increase the chances of you winning the fight.
    Last edited by Rednaz; 06-22-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Questions about Gameplay, Runes, Heroes, Quests?

Please visit the links below for answers on these topics
    Report Tynon Bugs | Beta Feedback
    Rednaz Beta - s2 - s42 - s65

Bumped because updated and mailing out in game to new players about the forums, and to make this thread easier to find.

how do i get help on selling stones to create slots for the auto level-up? it keeps saying i need new slots but i can't click on them and sell them and i haven't been able to find information in the forum!!

Quote Originally Posted by katieagibson_1771642 View Post
    how do i get help on selling stones to create slots for the auto level-up? it keeps saying i need new slots but i can't click on them and sell them and i haven't been able to find information in the forum!!
    Katie, click on your Heroes tab to open your inventory up, in here there should be a button that says "Sort All" click that it will stack items for you and open up some space. In order to sell items out of your inventory click on the item you want to sell, you cannot sell a portion it will sell everything (meaning if you have 10 wine crystals you will sell all 10), click on the word sell that pops up and it will remove it from your inventory and leave you with coins.

You can also bank items depending on what level you are on
    Originally Posted by Boroeast
    We have informed the community manager about this issue. He should get back to us with an answer soon.

thank you! that was great!

also, every time i click train i just get a pop up with "exp 0". is there a trick to this?

Quote Originally Posted by katieagibson_1771642 View Post
    thank you! that was great!

also, every time i click train i just get a pop up with "exp 0". is there a trick to this?
    No there isn't a trick to it, click train before you go idle from the game, for example you are playing for an hour and then you need to go outside to take out the trash or go to the grocery story, send yourself back to town click on train and you will earn experience points while you are idle. This only works if you leave your browser open and only up to a certain amount of experience points.

Katie, click on your Heroes tab to open your inventory up, in here there should be a button that says "Sort All" click that it will stack items for you and open up some space.
    Besides doing this you need to go into the 2nd page of your pack by clicking on the '2' in a circle in the lower right. there are more slots there but they must be unlocked. It is free to do and you can do one every 24 hours. When one is ready to be unlocked that lock in the icon will show as being open. Just click on it and the slot will be available and the next one will start the 24 hour countdown.

this game can be played from iphone right?
    then can i buy gem or being vip member with apple credit? coz my credit card not mastercard, visa, or discover
    thx

this game can be played from iphone right?
    I do not know about iPhone but there is a tread on the forum as to what you need to do to play on a tablet.
    then can i buy gem or being vip member with apple credit? coz my credit card not mastercard, visa, or discover
    You can use a PayPal account to pay for gems.