Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: Betting in Championship Warfare

Guide: Betting in Championship Warfare

Introduction

This guide is part of the greater idea of playing efficiently, which means to maximize what you get for what you spend. Its specific goal, however, is to help everyone understand the value of spending gems on bets during Championship Warfare (CW). Some examples of what betting wisely leads to is getting blue medals for cheaper than 1 gem per medal, or getting coins for cheaper than at the fair or at the shrine. You will learn to understand the value of the gems you spend on betting to help you know if a bet is worth spending gems on or not. Gems are worth a certain amount of tickets everytime you bet. You will get to know how much they are worth, and thus how many gems you are actually spending when you get a certain item at the CW shop.

Here is a breakdown of the points that will be seen throughout this guide:

• How Betting Functions
    • Betting Scale
    • Betting Strategies
    • The Value of Your Gems When Betting
    • The Value of Your Gems in the CW Shop

Some terms you will have to learn:

• Multiplier
    • Value of your gems
    • Basic Value
    • Gem Multiplier
    • Result Multiplier
    • Popularity Multiplier

How Betting Functions

The point of betting is to get tickets, which can be redeemed for items at the CW shop. You do not need to spend anything to place a bet, but you can increase the possible rewards by spending gems.There are two different formulae when you bet. The first one applies when you are in the fight; the other one applies when you are a viewer. Let us look at the first one since it is easier to understand.

Betting Formula When Fighting

Basic Value x Gem Multiplier x Result Multiplier

There is always a basic value to bets. It starts at 100 during the preliminaries and reaches 1000 in the finals. This basic value is the amount of tickets you get if you win your bet. However, it is affected by different multipliers. As a result, you rarely get this amount.of tickets. Here is an example of what it looks like during the preliminaries:

What is a Multiplier?
    A multiplier is a value that is multiplied to the basic value. The resulting value is the amount of tickets you get. There are usually more than one multiplier affecting the basic value.

In this example, 100 is the basic value. Next to it is *1. This is the gem multiplier, whose basic value is 1. You can change this multiplier by spending gems. To do so, click “more bets”. For 10 gems, it will be changed to 2. For another 15 gems (total 25 gems), it will be changed to 3. This multiplier is the very reason why there is a need for this guide. The gems you spend on it can get you tickets to spend in the CW shop. Understand betting formulaes is the first step in knowing the value of your gems in the CW shop.

There is second multiplier when fighting, which I refer to as the result multiplier. You have a certain control over this multiplier (or shall I say knowledge) because you are in the fight. If you win, you get a x2 multiplier; if you lose, you get a x1 mutliplier. In other words, when you win, your tickets (the basic value) are doubled; when you lose, they are unaffected.

For instance, if you are fighting in the preliminaries, the basic value is 100 tickets. If you spend 10 gems to boost, you get a x2 gem multiplier. Suppose you win, you get a x2 result multiplier. You thus get 400 tickets from the fight (100x2x2=400).

Betting Formula When Viewing

The numbers used for the result and popularity multipliers in this section are guesses. They should be really close to the real numbers, if not completely accurate. The accurate numbers will be confirmed after the current season of CW
    Basic Value x Gem Multiplier x Result Multiplier x Popularity Multiplier

Once you are removed from the competition, you can still view certain fights and bet on them. The betting formula changes when you become a viewer.

For starters, the result multiplier discussed in the previous section is altered. It varies between 0.20 and 1 depending on if you bet on the winner or on the loser. You have no control over this multiplier, but you can make intelligent guesses about the result. I would advise not to spend gems on bets when you are unable to make a guess or too uncertain about the result.

When you are a viewer, the popularity multiplier is added. Other people are viewing and betting on the same fight as you. The more people bet on the same person as you, the fewer tickets you will get; conversely, the fewer people bet on the same person as you, the more tickets you get. The multiplier is thus higher when fewer people bet on the same person as you, and it is lower when a lot of people bet on the same person as you. Overall, its value varies between 0.20 and 5. This multiplier is out of your control, but you can make an intelligent guess about its value. We will come back to this in the betting strategies, as using this multiplier wisely is key in earning tons of tickets with your gems.

Betting Scale

The more Championship Warfare progresses, the higher the basic value. A higher basic value means more tickets. Here is a list of its progression:

• Preliminaries = 100
    • Knockout Stage I = 200
    • Knockout Stage II = 300
    • Knockout Stage III = 400
    • Knockout Stage IV = 500
    • Knockout Stage V = 600
    • Eighth-finals = 700
    • Quarter-finals = 800
    • Semi-finals = 900
    • Final = 1000

Betting Strategies

Total Victory
    When the winner is too obvious, everyone will pick him/her. This means that the popularity multiplier will be low and, thus, diminish your ticket gains. This is usually not a good time to spend gems to multiply your gains.

Changing Side
    Sometimes, a losing player will get strong enough to beat the ubber player towards the final rounds. This is because every time a player loses a round, they get a +5% to defensive and offensive stats. These buffs add up so that they become significant when a player repeatedly loses. At some point, that player is likely to be able to win a fight or two. You need to keep an eye on the percentage of HP left at the end of every round to know when the time is right to switch side for your betting.

Pay attention to how each player performs when they are attacking and when they are defending. Some do better when they are defending (although most do better when they are attacking). This is important in order to find out when you should bet on the "losing" player. If you bet on the unpopular winner, you will get a high popularity multiplier, which means loads of tickets in most cases. This is a good time to spend gems on your bet because your gem multiplier is multiplied by the popularity multiplier, which means you can get impressive amounts of tickets! You need to be aware that this isn't a secure bet. The choice is yours whether you are willing to spend gems and perhaps get no tickets.

More Betting Strategies

Please, send me your strategies so that they can be added to this guide.

The Value of Your Gems When Betting

To really understand if it is worth spending gems on a bet, you need to know which item you're after in the CW shop. This is because the tickets you get are worth a certain amount of gems. You can thus know how many gems you are spending for a certain item in the CW shop. In this section, you will learn to understand how to know the value of your gems, as each gem spent on betting is worth a certain amount of tickets.

The first thing you need to know when counting the value of your gems is this: only count the ADDITIONAL tickets you gain from your gem multiplier to know the value of your gems. The tickets you would have gotten without spending gems should not be included, because they are not gained through your gems.

For instance, suppose the basic value of the bet is 600, that you get a popularity multiplier of 2, and that you get a result multiplier of 1. This bet brings you a basic 1,200 tickets. If you pend 10 gems to augment the gem multiplier, you get 1,200 additional tickets. It is very important to understand that your 10 gems do not earn you 2,400 tickets (the total number of tickets you get), but 1,200 (the additional tickets you get). The value of each gem is thus 120 tickets (1,200/10=120). If you spend another 15 gems to bring the gem multiplier to 3, you get another 1,200 tickets, which means you get a total of 3,600 tickets, for which 2,400 tickets were paid with 25 gems. This brings the value of your gems down to 96 tickets (2,400/25=96).

Betting Table

At this point, you should understand that your gems are worth a certain amount of tickets. You should always try to guess how much they can be worth before betting. This will help you decide whether it's worth betting or not. To simplify the betting process, I have made two betting tables that include every step of the CW and some multiplier possibilities that should act as overall guidelines to know the approximate value of your gems.

You should print those tables and have them at hand when betting. I have made an excel document readily available for download or immediate viewing. I suggest you download it and print it because the google viewer for goole doc isn't great.

Here is the link: Betting Tables. Click “File” and Download” to download it.
    Last edited by ChickenWing; 02-27-2014 at 03:17 AM.

The Value of Your Gems in the CW Shop

The value of your gems means each gem you bet is worth a certain amount of tickets. This should guide you when betting. Choose an item first, then consider the price in gems.

Coins and Credits

2,000K Coins = 500 tickets
    1,000K Credits = 500 tickets

Coins and Credits Table

Each gem spent on betting is worth a certain amount of tickets. Refer to the Betting tables I provide in the previous section to find out those values. Divide 500 tickets by this value and you have the gem cost for 2,000K coins or 1,000K credits. For instance, a gem value of 100 means you spend 5 gems for 2,000K coin or 1,000K credits (500 ticket cost divided by 100 gem value = 5 gems). To know what you get per gem, divide 2,000K coins or 1,000K credits by the gem cost you got. In this example, you would get 400,000 coins (2,000K divided by 5) or 200,000 credits (1,000K divided by 5) per gem.

Once you know the gem cost for those coins or credits, you need to compare it with your other means of getting coins and credits. This allows you to find out if a bet is worth it or not. At the fair, you can get 190,000 coins or 90,000 credits for 1 gem. At the shrine, the amount varies a lot throughout the game. If you get more coins or credits per gem at the shrine, compare using this amount instead of the one at the fair. If the amount you get at the fair or at the shrine is lower than the one you get by betting, you should bet; if it is higher, you should not.

The Coins and Credits table provided at the beginning of this section is a useful tool that you should print if you're going after coins or credits in the CW shop. The fair player can get better deals starting from a 50 gem value. Different gem values have been included to be used a reference point for players who get their coin and credits at the shrine. Whenever the value in the 2nd or 3rd column is higher than what you get at the shrine, you should bet. You can get as much as 2,000K coins or 1,000K credits per gem!

Medals

Blue Medal = 200 tickets
    Purple Medals = 2,000 tickets

Medals Table

When going for medals, you need to bet when the gem value gets you medals for cheaper than what you can get at the fair or on Free Star Friday. You can always get blue medals for 5 gems each on Free Star Friday. Sometimes, you can get them for as cheap as 2 gems at the fair; and if you get them for that price on Free Star Friday, they cost you 1 gem each. This kind of deal is rather rare. Regarding the purple medals, you can get them between 25 and 50 gems at the fair. At the CW shop, you can get medals for as cheap as 0.4 gems per blue medal and 4 gems per purple medal. Use the Medals table I provide at the beginning of this section to know when spending gems on a bet is worth it.
    Last edited by ChickenWing; 02-27-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Chips

Level 4 Chip = 5,000 tickets
    Level 5 Chip = 10,000 tickets
    Level 6 Chip = 20,000 tickets
    Level 7 Chip = 50,000 tickets

Chips Table

Buying chips at the CW shop is ridiculously expensive, but it is still better than at the fair. But no one buys chips at the fair. I made a table to help you know how much you're actually paying when you're going after chips in the CW shop, and hopefully this table will dissuade you from doing it. If you still want to go after chips, always have in mind the following question when spending gems on bets: “How many gems am I willing to spend to get that chip?” This should help you know when to bet.

Cards

Purple Card = 5,000 tickets
    Gold Card = 8,000 tickets
    Leader Card = 18,000 tickets

Cards Table

The other means of getting cards with gems are not appealing. For instance, I saw Dawnbringer's card for 989 gems today at the fair. For this reason, there is not really anything you can use with which to compare the price of what you're paying at the CW Shop. However, you can try to approximate how many gems you spend to get the credits you need for enough spirit for that card at the tavern redeem (this is a long sentence, I know). In brief, how many credit do you need to spend to get 1500 spirits for Adam's card? This post is helpful: Statistical information gathering on Tavern tuesdays. Most posts seem to average 20,000 credits per spirit, which means a gold hero worth 1,500 spirit costs 30,000K credits. An 800 spirit purple card is worth 16,000K credits. How many gems do you spend to get those credits? For my part, I spend about 60 gems for that amount (500,000 credits per gem) to get 30,000K credits and 32 gems to get 16,000K credits. If a gem cost provided in the table is lower than that, it would be worth betting for me, which means a gem value of 200 or more is worth betting for me if I'm after a purple or a gold card.

Here is yet another table that helps you find out when it's worth betting for you. Use the appropriate line by selecting the one that is closest to the amount of credits you get per gem. Then, use the gem values provided to compare with the Cards table.

Gems to Credits to Spirit Table

Last edited by ChickenWing; 02-27-2014 at 08:14 AM.

I'm aware there is a lot of information, If you have questions or things you don't understand, you can PM me or post here and I'll answer your questions. If you haven't understood what is the value of your gems after reading the guide, then you haven't understood the most important!

Lightbringer
    The value of your gems is as calculated above is dependent on the assumption that you win the bet. However, to get a true accurate value, you will need to adjust the value for risk. However, its hard to factor in risk when it cannot really be represented by a single percentage here. The higher value of your gems as calculated using above, the higher your risk is as well, since you are betting against the odds. Otherwise, excellent guide! Seems like you have some kind of background in finance or economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelsha View Post
    Seems like you have some kind of background in finance or economics.
    Not at all! But my brother is an economist. Maybe I should have become one too.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yelsha View Post
    The value of your gems is as calculated above is dependent on the assumption that you win the bet. However, to get a true accurate value, you will need to adjust the value for risk.
    My guide is written under the assumption that you know when to make the right bet. It's often easy to bet on the winner when an ubber player fights a small player. Some people are good at knowing when to switch to the losing side when they get stronger.

But as you said, there is no guarantee that you'll win your bet. Spending gems on bets is always a risk you take.

Championship Warfare Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWing View Post
    Second multiplier
    This multiplier is out of your control. It varies according to everyone's bet. If everyone bets the same as you, you will get less tickets (multiplier looks like 0.5, so you get half); if you bet against everyone, you get more tickets (multiplier looks like 2, so it doubles your tickets). If the bets are even on either side, this multiplier will be of 1, which means it won't affect your gains. In any case, it will vary between 0.5 and 2.

It is definitely not capped at 2. I've brought home 3300 tickets from 1 bet without gems. If I was to hazard a guess I'd say the limits are 0.05 and 5.
    Last edited by Kruize; 02-21-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruize View Post
    It is definitely not capped at 2. I've brought home 3300 tickets from 1 bet without gems. If I was to hazard a guess I'd say the limits are 0.05 and 5.
    If this is true, then some work needs to be done to know what multiplier is at stake.

If people could start noting down the amount of bets placed on each player (you see it during the last minute) and the amount of tickets they got, we could definitely find out that cap. I don't mind doing the calculations if I have the numbers. They're not hard nor long to do. All I need to know is the numbers of tickets you got, who you bet on, and how many bets were placed on each player.

Then I could update this guide.

You will also need to expand your elements of risk when you are comparing over so many different items. For example, medals and cards have risk of failing. But chips, coins and credits do not. Thus your yardstick of comparing should be: what is the best gem value for the highest increase in power.

Quote Originally Posted by koja6049 View Post
    You will also need to expand your elements of risk when you are comparing over so many different items. For example, medals and cards have risk of failing. But chips, coins and credits do not. Thus your yardstick of comparing should be: what is the best gem value for the highest increase in power.
    This is too individualized to be considered. I think having a tool to know what you get for your gems is good enough. What you choose to go after is up to you. The point of this guide is not to tell people what to buy at specific times in their gaming, but to tell them what they get for their money.