Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: Guide: Betting in Championship Warfare

  1. #11
    Championship Warfare Scribe
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWing View Post
    If this is true, then some work needs to be done to know what multiplier is at stake.

    If people could start noting down the amount of bets placed on each player (you see it during the last minute) and the amount of tickets they got, we could definitely find out that cap. I don't mind doing the calculations if I have the numbers. They're not hard nor long to do. All I need to know is the numbers of tickets you got, who you bet on, and how many bets were placed on each player.

    Then I could update this guide.
    The other part I failed to mention you missed is that the medium return on a bet is 0.5 not 1 like you've assumed for a 50-50 split (Tynon has assumed everyone bets on the winner for the average).
    This is because the the loser gets 100% of the bet and the winner of the match gets 200%. So standard payout is 50% of the wager. (Usually pays more to be in the match).

    If one person is wrong they get 0.1 multipler. 10% of 0.5. (This I've seen on numerous occasions.)
    If one person is right then should get a 10 x standard payout. 5 times the wager. (This is assumed unless someone with more luck then me can confirm it)

  2. #12
    Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by koja6049 View Post
    You will also need to expand your elements of risk when you are comparing over so many different items. For example, medals and cards have risk of failing. But chips, coins and credits do not. Thus your yardstick of comparing should be: what is the best gem value for the highest increase in power.
    I think we are talking about two different things here.

    The question Chicken Wing is answering is:
    If you want item X, do you get more return on your gems if you 1) buy item X with gems "normally" or 2) invest your gems into CWF bets and buy item X with the tickets.

    The question you are asking is:
    If you want to gain power, where should you invest your gems/tickets to get maximal power return on your investment?

  3. #13
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruize View Post
    The other part I failed to mention you missed is that the medium return on a bet is 0.5 not 1 like you've assumed for a 50-50 split (Tynon has assumed everyone bets on the winner for the average).
    This is because the the loser gets 100% of the bet and the winner of the match gets 200%. So standard payout is 50% of the wager. (Usually pays more to be in the match).

    If one person is wrong they get 0.1 multipler. 10% of 0.5. (This I've seen on numerous occasions.)
    If one person is right then should get a 10 x standard payout. 5 times the wager. (This is assumed unless someone with more luck then me can confirm it)
    This is very interesting. I'll wait until next CW to validate those numbers. Meanwhile, I think anyone can use the guiding principles in this guide. Thank you for your input!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelsha View Post
    I think we are talking about two different things here.

    The question Chicken Wing is answering is:
    If you want item X, do you get more return on your gems if you 1) buy item X with gems "normally" or 2) invest your gems into CWF bets and buy item X with the tickets.

    The question you are asking is:
    If you want to gain power, where should you invest your gems/tickets to get maximal power return on your investment?
    Because I did read the whole thread and saw that the considerations include power. To quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWing View Post

    You can get better stuff for your tickets than chips. I wouldn't advise doing it. I'm not doing the calculations for that reason, but if you plan on betting to get them, take into account that you are replacing a lower level chip. Therefore, your increase in power isn't the one added by the chip, but the difference in power between the new and the old chip. Also, you might have to open a new slot in your item to place it, which is an additional gem cost. Seriously, it's not worth your tickets.

    No one gets cards from the fair. It's too expensive. Who in their right mind would spend 200 gems and more for a sanctification that could fail? Betting to get cards is not as clearcut as other items because there is no real alternative to getting cards in the game. At this point, it depends what YOU are willing to spend to get that card. Let us look at some gem values to help you know how much you're spending for that card. For my part, I'd say you can usually get more from other items at the fair.

  5. #15
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by koja6049 View Post
    Because I did read the whole thread and saw that the considerations include power. To quote:

    Really, you needn't go further than what Yelsha said. I didn't really mean to include these considerations. They are rather commentaries on the items. I believe such commentaries are important to include in a guide, although not worth digging too deep.

  6. #16
    Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pheonix
    Posts
    868
    IMO this thread should be stickied

  7. #17
    Lightbringer Wildflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    769
    Nice thread, thanks

    ~ You are just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me..~
    ~ There is a crack in everything, that is where the light comes in~
    ~<3~

  8. #18
    Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    560
    bice indeed but change this to 400k?

    2,000,000/5 = 500,000

  9. #19
    Ironheart WickeD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Tigerland
    Posts
    399
    Very nicely put ChickenWing Thank you.

  10. #20
    +1 Chickenwing.
    Excellent job. Havent read it all. I will revisit this when I have more time and I am more awake. Glad to see more valuable contributions being added to the forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •