View Poll Results: Is Guild Warfare a source of dissatisfaction for you?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am dissatisfied with GW.

32 82.05%
  • No, GW is fine as it is.

7 17.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is GW a source of dissatisfaction for you?

Apprentice
    I agree, there is to much dead time on the game. In my realm players are quitting because there's nothing to do. even for me im afk most of the day because 30 mins in the morning im done. the quest monsters are two strong. also with the rag fights why not do them in division say D 1. 100000 and under
    D2. 100001 - 5000000
    D3. 500001 -10 mil and so on and so on. As for GW why can the city be for each realm and a few city's for that server. that way you still have city's for the lesser powered guild and still city's that all the realms can fight after. but for me the main problem for the game is to much dead time. lower the power of the quest bosses. that will help give more time in the game and when players are playing more then there's more money being made. another thing is the rune temple, If I get the legendary rune keeper I want some thing good not some low power rune. the legendary keeper cost a lot and it not right to hand out a low power rune. Put in some more events for the day are more quest, such as mini quest. May like a side story on the people in the town. Where did they come from. How did they get to this city of tynon . Who is Shayd how did she come to be a mage. These story's could be the key to all the dead time.

Quote Originally Posted by mattp169 View Post

Then when you got 4 of them all coming after you and you have to split your forces.
    Matt, I actually like your plan, however you're wrong with this comment. You propose no reward for holding more cities, the reward is tied to guild level, and then additional for winning your battle. So why would anyone split their forces?

Quote Originally Posted by roy.ant_8586481 View Post
    Matt, I actually like your plan, however you're wrong with this comment. You propose no reward for holding more cities, the reward is tied to guild level, and then additional for winning your battle. So why would anyone split their forces?
    To deny the opposition bonus rewards for winning a battle. If you win all 4 battles, then your guild is the only guild getting the bonus.

Yes youcan
    its simple
    assign the buffs to guild level.
    Keep gwf as is except your not fighting over a city/buff your fighting for rewards only cred/coin/exp/rep/contib

Both guilds get a participation reward equal; to what er get already - winning guild gets a small bonus

Thats the first stop gap measure to fixing the entire situation. Then the devs can work on making the pvp gwf thing interesting - after some new content maybe
    Give the winning team an extra sail . I'd prefer sailing over additional rewards for winning...I just like the sea.
    -- Neriya, Beauty of Aphrodite, Server 78.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_1360826 View Post
    To deny the opposition bonus rewards for winning a battle. If you win all 4 battles, then your guild is the only guild getting the bonus.

Give the winning team an extra sail . I'd prefer sailing over additional rewards for winning...I just like the sea.

See i think you get it as well. Keep the reward for the winning guild small. It must be significant enough to make it worth doing, but not so big (like the city buffs) to give the winning guild significant advantage so noone else stands a chance

How about some new content first? I hope they are not wasting their time messing with GWs as we have been waiting for new content for some time now. Keep GWs as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    Basically she is saying that the uber guild need not bother wasting time defending, as they will all be sitting in G no matter what, and her entire guild cannot break it. There is something wrong with that lol
    We actually beat them last night finally. But the point I was trying to make is you can just go afk and not have a war or entertainment with anyone. Isnt this what this game is about? Entertainment. What the point of everyone is afk. Force them to be atks to do war. I want to play a game with other people not just win. Btw this is the first time in a long time we have won.
    Myra(host) - TheFort Server 96
    *We shall be ever Victorious! We SHALL never FALL! One and all WE go into battle!*

Yes youcan
    its simple
    assign the buffs to guild level.
    Keep gwf as is except your not fighting over a city/buff your fighting for rewards only cred/coin/exp/rep/contib

Both guilds get a participation reward equal; to what er get already - winning guild gets a small bonus

Thats the first stop gap measure to fixing the entire situation. Then the devs can work on making the pvp gwf thing interesting - after some new content maybe
    I'm fine with city buffs, but with a caveat. Currently the city buffs are way, way, way too strong (and out of balance with other buffs like the guild tech ones). Just one reputation city is equivalent to 30000 guild contribution worth of reputation bonuses in guild tech (lv 4 loyalty card cost 30000 to get a 20% bonus at 5% per level). That's 1500 gems worth of guild tech bonus in one city. Make the rep cities 5% each (like the loyalty card tech), and make the coins cities 10% each (like devoutness)... And nerf other cities accordingly. The lv 5 city buff is probably one of the more balanced city buffs imo.

What this would accomplish is that it would make the buffs a small (but nice perk), but nothing too demoralizing to quit the game over if you don't get them.

all i know is the "new" gw is going to make more poeple quit then anything else

I think mattp has put his 'gw' idea in every thread

I also think that the buffs should be based on guild lvl not on the cities
    make gw's a great strategy game with additional perks (and the current rewards for participation)

as is? this new 'balancing act' not a balance imo - just gonna be swappin cities nightly once the guild with the most cities get rid of the reps, lol
    and please - have a undo button for Koleton!

Apprentice
    While i think there are alot of great ideas here, the point is futile. The new GWs make it so you cannot win without losing. Seems like it will end up in the same scenario..being camped in B because you know you will lose. And if the only time to fight is after you have lost, I think you will find many still not logging in. We were looking for some action, not a total wipeout of all our hard work. We recruit the top players so we can be the best guild. If a guild of alts can just walk in and take over, what's the point?