Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Preventing Star Failure

Lightbulb Preventing Star Failure

March 3, 2014

PREVENTING STAR FAILURE

SYNOPSIS:

Upon every successful Star upgrade, the percentages drop for the next Star upgrade attempt. Obviously this becomes increasingly frustrating for those that enjoy the game of Tynon. Either members will lose Stars, (very unpopular), or they will have to give up on the idea altogether. Which means that the game has defeated the Tynon member, by its very own design.

THERE IS A SOLUTION:

Interestingly, uCool has provided a solution to this problem, but it is not being applied to Star Upgrade Attempts. Instead, it is being used in conjunction with Leadercards. Similarly, with every successful Leadercard attempt, the percentages for success for the next Leadercard attempt will diminish also, just as with Star attempts. But uCool has provided a solution, "You have the option to apply more than one Leadercard at one time, in order to raise the percentage of success to ideally, "100%". And it works perfectly. So, all that is needed for a solution for "Star Failure", is to apply the same methods for Leadercard success, to Stars, and by applying more Stars at one time, will raise the percentage of success to "100%" also.

NOTE:

uCool cannot say, "This can't be done." because, "uCool is already doing it!" So for all of the young Tynon members who have faithfully complained about "Star Failure" at the Forum, they can now rest assured, "That there is a viable solution to this problem.", and it is already in use in another way.

IN CLOSING:

"We have them on this one!" *grins* Now we can imagine, "Lots of Stars".

Respectfully,
    TynonTiger

Championship Warfare Scribe
    Sanctify cards cap at 5 for a single saint, so at the high levels you can't get to 100% even if you have 1000 cards.
    Will continue to spend my money on any game not run by Ucool until they can prove that they can make positive changes to Tynon.

I agree with this suggestion. Both Starts and Saints had the same mechanics before the Sanctification change so both should have been changed to keep them the same.
    The opinions expressed on this post are my own as a player, not as a Moderator.

Champion
    I think this is a great idea

It's already 6 purple medals per attempt from 15 stars onwards for golds and leaders.

You mean you want Tynon to increase the medals required?

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    It's already 6 purple medals per attempt from 15 stars onwards for golds and leaders.

You mean you want Tynon to increase the medals required?

lol
    Not required. Using extra medals to improve the odds would be optional, just like using extra cards is for sainting.
    The opinions expressed on this post are my own as a player, not as a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Not required. Using extra medals to improve the odds would be optional, just like using extra cards is for sainting.
    I find the star system fine as it is.

Easy at the lower levels. Difficult at the higher levels.

Not everyone is meant to get an 18 star hero.

The star system and saint system are totally different. Once you figure that out like herby has then you realize this is not a good idea. In fact to implement it would require changing the entire star system AGAIN. I am fine with the way it is now. And I am usually the first to complain about things

Quote Originally Posted by mattp169 View Post
    And I am usually the first to complain about things.
    To mattp169: [Mar. 8, 2014]

THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS REPLY: Is to encourage people "to debate" this issue, "based on", "evaluating good ideas for their merits". And to encourage that debate to be "logical" and "honest".

Let's be "Logical"... "What is the advantage to, complaining about improving your chances for success?" For example, "What would any politician think of you, if you complained about improving their chances for success?" Even worse, "What is anyone else going to think of you, when you argue against improving your odds, for your own success?" (Remember: What you put online, "is public".)

If you think about "the concept" that my idea is about, you will realize that I am trying to find a way, not only for myself, but for others to become, "more of a success", (via the Star system), when playing and competing with Tynon. But, "The "Key Component" to my idea is the word "success". In other words, "SUCCESSFUL Star Attempts". So I find it "curious", that you would argue against an idea, that would lead to your own success.

NOTE: "Andy", and "RandeyTaylor_13198", have come to the right conclusions, by stating, "I agree with this suggestion.", and, "I think that this is a great idea."

In closing, "I hope that you will change your mind, and to accept ideas that you can benefit from."

This is not the worst idea but not very effective either. As some have already said the system is fine the way it is.
    Joker - Europe Servers

You don't really know GW till you play outside servers 1-10

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Giving a handicam to the players that die in GW will make the smaller guilds more competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrthCaedus View Post
    tokens don't do much anyway.