View Poll Results: what is your oppinion on what tynon should do about the new gw

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • change gw back to it was

    139 63.47%
  • keep it as is

    39 17.81%
  • change it so it is not so one sided to favor smaller players

    41 18.72%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 124

Thread: Patch: More Balanced Guild Warfare

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_1360826 View Post
    The fact that 20 players of ANY power can beat a player of ANY power saddens me. 20 alts of 5k power can bring down someone of 120M power, for example.... Add in a decent power player and a 60-80% bonus due to holding cities and you have yourself a bad time.
    simple solution: hold less cities!

  2. #22
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_1360826 View Post
    The fact that 20 players of ANY power can beat a player of ANY power saddens me. 20 alts of 5k power can bring down someone of 120M power, for example.... Add in a decent power player and a 60-80% bonus due to holding cities and you have yourself a bad time.
    That's only true if you hold all or most cities. I think it's a good thing that a guild can't hold everything. A stronger guild can hold more, and can decide what it wants to hold. It's still good to be the strongest.

    Perhaps there is a problem with the durability thing. As people have mentioned, it makes alts way too important in GW.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenWing View Post
    There is this argument, and there's also the fact that the game can be fun and challenging. I think Tynon is trying to find a balance between both. Until this patch, the game was only PvE for most servers. Now, we have to fight to hold our cities. B to A is no longer a decent strategy. The ubber players will still be ubber, and the ubber guilds will still be stronger. It's just going to be more challenging.
    What guild wars were you watching? I'm part of an ubber guild and have the 4th most power on our server and we lost 2 cities and I was beaten by a 16 mil person? That's not balanced. That's far from it. We also have a guy that is almost 200 mil power and he was even beaten down.

  4. #24
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0tyme83_7854100 View Post
    What guild wars were you watching? I'm part of an ubber guild and have the 4th most power on our server and we lost 2 cities and I was beaten by a 16 mil person? That's not balanced. That's far from it. We also have a guy that is almost 200 mil power and he was even beaten down.
    I'm on server 106. My guild is the ubber guild on the server, and we lost 2 cities tonight. I,ve seen people taken down in the same manner as you've mentionned. To be honest, I like it.

  5. #25
    Guardian Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brokefolk
    Posts
    156
    I don't have a problem with not having all the cities -
    my problem now is we will never be able to get rid of Koleton and it will add to our 3+ disadvantage!!!

  6. #26
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I don't have a problem with not having all the cities -
    my problem now is we will never be able to get rid of Koleton and it will add to our 3+ disadvantage!!!
    Wrong. You can have an alt guild of yours take it from you (unless the city level is too high).

  7. #27
    Guardian Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brokefolk
    Posts
    156
    the work it would take to build up a alt guild (funds) from scratch to lvl5 to take koleton - would seriously drain the fun for people from the game -
    I hate busy work in real life - not gonna start it here.
    Last edited by Jewels; 03-18-2014 at 02:02 AM.

  8. #28
    well
    II have said before that gwf did not work the way it was. Im not sure if this change make sit any better or if it makes it worse- yet. I do think however that they should have tried 1 change at a time. I think the durability change would have been good enough. I am not sure why holding 9 cities should give an guild of part time non paying customers with tiny little accts a 90% attack bonus. Im sure we will work it all out in the end, but this is interesting to say the least. I think may be over the top or it may be just what we need. Perhaps only a 5% attack bonus per city instead of 10% or lose 2 durability per win and 5 per loss. Im not sure I get why they chose such high numbers. This is a good attempt at the devs part to try and revitalize gwf. And this system may not be perfect yet. But could work out as is or may need some fine tuning. time will tell on this one. But some word form on high would be nice

  9. #29
    Lightbringer Deucalion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Whorehouse, WoO S.1
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by mattp169 View Post
    well
    II have said before that gwf did not work the way it was. Im not sure if this change make sit any better or if it makes it worse- yet. I do think however that they should have tried 1 change at a time. I think the durability change would have been good enough. I am not sure why holding 9 cities should give an guild of part time non paying customers with tiny little accts a 90% attack bonus. Im sure we will work it all out in the end, but this is interesting to say the least. I think may be over the top or it may be just what we need. Perhaps only a 5% attack bonus per city instead of 10% or lose 2 durability per win and 5 per loss. Im not sure I get why they chose such high numbers. This is a good attempt at the devs part to try and revitalize gwf. And this system may not be perfect yet. But could work out as is or may need some fine tuning. time will tell on this one. But some word form on high would be nice

    Well in any case, it slows game play and income that much more. That is the goal, no doubt. Mission accomplished.


    -- Deuc

    Quote Originally Posted by Peeta Melark View Post
    Andy this is a huge exploit that Deucalion has posted. Why aren't you editing or deleting it?

    "Thank you for your constantly supporting on Tynon!"

  10. #30
    Lightbringer ChickenWing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Hangmen
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Deucalion View Post
    Well in any case, it slows game play and income that much more. That is the goal, no doubt. Mission accomplished.
    We should not always assume the worst from Tynon. People had been complaining a lot about Guild Warfare. They only listened to the complaints. As matt said, we will work it out and come up with some suggestions to fine tune it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •