View Poll Results: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 31.13%
  • No

108 50.94%
  • Some sort of

33 15.57%
  • I don't know.

6 2.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Support Forum Agent Jessetheone's Avatar

Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

As some of you guys said the changes in mechanisms of these 2 mini games in the last patch has sabotaged the balance, we’re thinking to make following changes to regain the balance. Please let us know how you like these ideas.

Championship Warfare
    For players who participate in with stars above their names, they will get extra 10% to 20 % Tickets in every battle for each star they shall carry on.

Guild Warfare
    We’ll significantly increase rewards for each battle players shall participate in.

Please comment and we’ll collect your feedback. Thanks!
    Combattre, vaincre ou mourir

The new CWF mechanism is already a balance to all the prizes the winners get. But if it needs to be "balanced" further by giving them more prizes in-lieu of the penalty, then by all means

Ditto about Guild warfare, servers 1-10 are not feeling any effects from it.

Ironheart
    The CW is much better now. It means that the same player does not necessarily win CW every time. Well, fingers crossed he doesn't.

GW, got no idea about as we have nobody to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessetheone View Post

Championship Warfare
    For players who participate in with stars above their names, they will get extra 10% to 20 % Tickets in every battle for each star they shall carry on.
    This is a very good and effective way to balance out the negative buff the Crowns give.
    A win-win solution, if ever there was one.

It gives other players a bigger chance to defeat the previous CWF winners, while giving Crown holders an incentive to keep on playing despite the increasingly difficult odds being stacked against them.

Guild Warfare
    We’ll significantly increase rewards for each battle players shall participate in.
    The problem with the new rules in Guild Wars is that strong players are now being spammed with tons of alts to get their durability down to 1. Alliance leaders have even asked their members to create multiple alts each, no matter how small, in order to whittle down the enemies big players. Increasing rewards for players will not do anything to change this.

Some suggestions:

Make durability loss of the winning side proportional to health left.
    - 80-100% hp remaining = 5 dura loss.
    - 60-80% hp left = 4 dura loss.
    - 40-60% hp left = 3 dura loss
    - 20-40% hp left = 2 dura loss
    - 1-20% hp left = 1 dura loss
    The losing side should lose -20 durability.

Disallow players who have the same IP and/or MAC address from logging in more than 1 avatar in the same guild wars city battle.
    Last edited by Herby; 03-18-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Well to be honest NOONE knows how many people are unhappy withe CWF change. About 3 people on the forums said they think its unfair to the past winners, and 10 or more said they like it as is. SO even though 1 of the 3 complainers is the biggest spender, I am not sure it needs changed yet and before you make an adjustment you should let a couple cwfs play out to see if the crown system even changes anything

In regards to GWF though we have had 6 or more people who have never posted or posted in a very limited fashion complain about these changes plus plenty of regular forum players. SO I think that says that the changes are so drastic that it has brought people to the forums to complain so a change may be necessary.

Increasing rewards does not solve the issue this change made which is basically the 20 smallest players on the server could take a city form the 20 strongest.

While I sort of like the concept that was done I think it went way too far at once. I suggest one of the following tweaks.

1.Cut everything you did in half.
    5% power boost for a maximum of 50% per city owned to the attackers
    2 durability loss for a win - 5 durability for a loss
    OR
    2. Keep 1 change and disable the other.

Lightbringer
    Although we haven't needed to for a while we have still always divided our power into the cities we had to defend never took anyone for granted.
    This way the new GW change has made very little difference to us.
    I know some other guilds on server lost cities due to not planning GW as they should.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBooMan View Post
    Although we haven't needed to for a while we have still always divided our power into the cities we had to defend never took anyone for granted.
    This way the new GW change has made very little difference to us.
    I know some other guilds on server lost cities due to not planning GW as they should.
    You're on server 1 Boo. There's no one to fight GWs with.

This change only affects those servers with REAL Guild Wars. (server-based, not realm-based)

As some of you guys said the changes in mechanisms of these 2 mini games in the last patch has sabotaged the balance, we’re thinking to make following changes to regain the balance. Please let us know how you like these ideas.

Championship Warfare

Guild Warfare

Please comment and we’ll collect your feedback. Thanks!
    CWF:
    I do like this changes being proposed. It provides more of a balance, however, it would be good to put a progression and a cap on both sides and when the person starts to lose the CWF's they should also start to lose the stars 1 at a time.

I would like to suggest a progressive star buffs:
    1 - 3 stars 5% boost to the opponent = 10% extra ticket per level (to the crown holder)
    4 - 5 = 4% boost each crown = 12% extra ticket per level
    6 - 7 = 3% boost each crown = 14% extra ticket per level
    8 - 10 = 2% boost each crown = 16% extra ticket per level

Cap at 10 = 35% boost and 130% extra ticket

The reason for the inverse proportion is due to the difficulty of winning at the higher crown levels.

GWF:
    Durability needs to be adjusted to balance out a guild full of ALTS or enforcement of alts by Tynon.
    If the alts cannot be enforced (which is against the TOS of Tynon), then I would suggest a progressive durability loss based on health as I seen on Herby's post.

Thank you for gathering our suggestions.

Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    You're on server 1 Boo. There's no one to fight GWs with.

This change only affects those servers with REAL Guild Wars. (server-based, not realm-based)
    I believe servers 1-10 have the 'real' GW. The rest have some half hearted attempt due to the servers being less populated.
    If all servers were like 1-10 then there would be no diff. There are bigger guilds fighting inter realm on 1 than there is on most of the server wide GW.
    Why do players join new servers?
    To be number one.
    That comes at a price.

Whats to keep the other guild from making alts? Why not just make appropriatly powered players fight each other, so your biggest guy can hit their biggest guys, and unless youre HUGELY outnumbered, you'll win that way, since its a 1:4 ratio in win/loss durability, unless the other team has 50+ heros to your ten, you'll win every time. And honestly if you have to split your small guild up that much then you shouldnt be holding that many cities. Nothing keeping you from inviting more members/making alts, and if you dont want to, accept the fact that you shouldnt own 4 cities.