View Poll Results: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 31.13%
  • No

108 50.94%
  • Some sort of

33 15.57%
  • I don't know.

6 2.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Good points revan

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I have been doing some thinking on Alts. In most cases the players that have alts do not dedicate the time to 'grow' them, but they do log on. This means that players that do log on frequently but do not increase in power and rank, or increase very slowly, and are below some specified power (maybe 4 mil or so) can be assumed to be Alts. If this is the case then it should be fairly simple for the game to identify them.

Just to make things clear, I believe that a player that has all of the following characteristics is an alt (see exception below).

1. Logs on to the game several times a week.
    2. Is below 4 mil power (or some other number).
    3. Power and rank increase very slowly or not at all.

Using this description infrequent players would not be identifies as alts because they do not log on several times a week. Only the players that log on frequently but do not grow would be identified as alts.

Using this definition the only players may be labeled as Alts but in fact are not would be the 'social' players. The one that use the game for chatting and not to play. But if 'social' players are considered Alts got game mechanics (like GW battles) it will not hurt them because they are not really playing the game.
    This is an excellent idea, The largest guild on our server just created 40 alts to block us from attacking and taking over their sailing city. We only have one city and they have 5but our 13 accounts versus their 86 accounts is impossible to break through as our durability gets destroyed. I like Andy's idea and realistically who joins a server that's been playing over a year. That would be like me joining server 12 where the weakest player is 75 mil. They may have a friend there but realistically the new player will never go anywhere. I see new alts created everyday and that goes up my butt. New players would most likely join the newest server and have a fighting chance as being one of the top 10 players, not in the bottom as number 3623 on page 270. I would love to see this go into effect soon and watch that guild lose. Go Andy Go (Sorry for the whining).

It would really help if we could depend on mini-games being scheduled at the same times for each round. I just missed most of CW because it happened an hour earlier and I was busy chasing the noble lady.

Quote Originally Posted by arclight_5030352 View Post
    It would really help if we could depend on mini-games being scheduled at the same times for each round. I just missed most of CW because it happened an hour earlier and I was busy chasing the noble lady.
    because of daylight savings time. everything but CW got adjusted to it. its unfortunate for a lot of players in my guild and i assume on the server as well, but complaints dont seem to help. my guess is that it's not significant enough for the ucool team to take care of
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Guild warfare is totally unbalanced and is one of the causes of small guilds quitting the game. As it stands a guild of 2 big players can beat a guild of 40-50 and the loss of durability does not reflect a true battle. It should be amended so to benefit large guilds participating in GW. In each round a player (winning a fight) should lose -3 dura for the first 10 fights, -6 dura for the next 10 and -10 after that. This will make it much more fairer for guilds with a high member quota as it is ridiculous that a guild with just 2 members can beat one with 50.

Tynon will not do anything about alts at all regardless of what ideas we have to identify them. One player on my server 108 had 50 alts all with similar names and all from the same IP address so easily identified. They had been reported many times by players of which was ignored by Tynons totally inept admin dept. This was some of the alts names so even someone as useless as Stanley might just figure it out -
    azred, axrid, awrad, ajrud, afred, ayred, akrid, anreb, bmrud, bpred, bnred, borpd, borpd, bxrid, apred, btuid, apreb, aorpb, aqweb, byred, cbred, bzred, bwrad, bsyed, brsed, bubed, bqwed, cdrsd, cered, ryred, ccrid, cfred, cired, chred, cgrud, cjrud, ckrid, arseb, cpred, clrud, cnred, corpd, cmrud, cqwed, aubeb, arman. bgrud, bkrid, bjrud, bired, borped, bqwed
    The only reason that they were ejected was not due to admin but the player who created them sold his account (against the rules too and ignored by the blind Stanley) and no one it the guild had their log-in details

Quote Originally Posted by ZARA-STORM_6088890 View Post
    Guild warfare is totally unbalanced and is one of the causes of small guilds quitting the game. As it stands a guild of 2 big players can beat a guild of 40-50 and the loss of durability does not reflect a true battle. It should be amended so to benefit large guilds participating in GW. In each round a player (winning a fight) should lose -3 dura for the first 10 fights, -6 dura for the next 10 and -10 after that. This will make it much more fairer for guilds with a high member quota as it is ridiculous that a guild with just 2 members can beat one with 50.
    first of all i think there is far more pressing issues and that GW is the last reason for most players to leave the game. then i would like to point out that the winning player used to get deducted 6% per win and that turned out really bad. back then many pointed out (myself included) that some players, guilds, alt guilds (especially interesting because in the following post you complain about too many alts) dont deserve a city or chouldnt have any. 30 players at 90m power shouldnt be a match for a 900m player in any event but can easily wear down that player and defend or even take a city. based on that it was changed back then to a 3% penalty/win instead of the 6% which balanced GW significantly.
    at this point i am convinced it is as fair as it can get and if there should be anything changed then the 3% penalty to 0.
    players should not get deductions/penalties for being good at what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Definitely think that that unbalanced the game. I don't care how much "power" you have One person who spent a ton of money buying his power up, should not be able to defeat a hundred others. IN no real warfare can one person defeat a hundred without breaking a sweat, over and over again. Eventually a character will wear down just from the onslaught. Look at the Battle of Stalingrad. The highly trained German Army eventually ran out of ammo when the Russians sent wave after wave of unarmed men women and children to be machine gunned down.

In a lot of RPGs there is the idea that you recover when you aren't fighting and don't when under attack.

Maybe re balance it by no HP recovery after a fight unless you have not fought during that round. Since you recover when killed after 3 rounds, set up a 1/3 recover if you are not in a fight for a round.

Then also if you get Killed at Home base you are out for the rest of the GW, not fully recovered in the next round. (or at least out of the fight for 3 rounds.)

Why is it a powerful character at a home base gets killed, recovers "after 3 rounds" but is still there at 100% HP to defend the next round

read this every one urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every on server 1 please go server 18 forest realm to join odyysseus guild level 7 guild we need fighter asap like now voltron 3 blade master half angel 2

I am trying to figure out the +50 in Guild Warfare. We seem never to get it even when we have negative buff as the defenders of a city. The attacking guild has more power players and a buff. Can anyone help me to understand if the +50 is random or is there some glitch or trick to getting it.