View Poll Results: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

66 31.13%
  • No

108 50.94%
  • Some sort of

33 15.57%
  • I don't know.

6 2.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Will these arrangements re-balance Guild Warfare and Championship Warfare?

Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    This is a very good and effective way to balance out the negative buff the Crowns give.
    A win-win solution, if ever there was one.

It gives other players a bigger chance to defeat the previous CWF winners, while giving Crown holders an incentive to keep on playing despite the increasingly difficult odds being stacked against them.

The problem with the new rules in Guild Wars is that strong players are now being spammed with tons of alts to get their durability down to 1. Alliance leaders have even asked their members to create multiple alts each, no matter how small, in order to whittle down the enemies big players. Increasing rewards for players will not do anything to change this.

Some suggestions:

Make durability loss of the winning side proportional to health left.
    - 80-100% hp remaining = 5 dura loss.
    - 60-80% hp left = 4 dura loss.
    - 40-60% hp left = 3 dura loss
    - 20-40% hp left = 2 dura loss
    - 1-20% hp left = 1 dura loss
    The losing side should lose -20 durability.

Disallow players who have the same IP and/or MAC address from logging in more than 1 avatar in the same guild wars city battle.
    This time I will agree with Herby up to a point. You can't disallow IPs, as we have husband/wives that play, family members. But I will agree that taking off -10 for losses is just killing us too much. You lose for winning, you lose for losing!! The attackers gain every camp while we are sitting in G healing. Then with no way to make up the losses if we killed 10 before you meet them again.

There is also a bug/glitch that is completely wrong and hurts defenders. That is instead of mirror flipping form between attk=def it only put it from one side to another. That puts your back row in front for defense!! That's not right. I looked at a replay and caught this, tho no time to screencap. I will tho and send it with a ticket. There was an overabundance of lag and that made some not be able to move when needed. I just think it still has bugs that need working on. A lot are getting that msg "not battletime" also and have to back out and refresh and come back in.

There are few realms, on our server, this even affects. The rest are 1 guild dominated for the most part. So many may not really understand the implications of how this would affect them. And Matt, it's not about spender vs non-spender here. Guilds are made up of many, many players.

I love the idea of bigger reward for participants. It might encourage people to log in and get in GW. Many just don't bother, and that hurts the guild overall. But make it for ones who actually go in GW.

The only thing they need to fix is the durability loss. As people have pointed out, it encourages alts way too much. Otherwise, the patch is good in my opinion.

Lightbringer
    I feel 10-20% ticket increase is too much. 5% is needed. And a big NO to losing stars. If stars could be lost, 2 super-big players such as ED and PR could take turns winning and never have a net gain of stars.

On the other hand, PR's proposal regarding stars is good, except the ticket % cap needs to be lowered to around 50% and the max boost % cap needs to be raised to about 50%.

For GW, Herby's suggestion would be good except durability lost needs to be made INVERSELY proportional to health left. That way, fighting an alt takes away less durability than a real live player. Also makes more sense.. you more winded from taking a good beating before stomping the life out of the other player than if your easily roflstomping an alt or a newb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelsha View Post
    I feel 10-20% ticket increase is too much. 5% is needed. And a big NO to losing stars. If stars could be lost, 2 super-big players such as ED and PR could take turns winning and never have a net gain of stars.

On the other hand, PR's proposal regarding stars is good, except the ticket % cap needs to be lowered to around 50% and the max boost % cap needs to be raised to about 50%.

For GW, Herby's suggestion would be good except durability lost needs to be made INVERSELY proportional to health left. That way, fighting an alt takes away less durability than a real live player. Also makes more sense.. you more winded from taking a good beating before stomping the life out of the other player than if your easily roflstomping an alt or a newb.
    I think we must wait a couple of GWs to see how many cities the ubber guild can actually hold. The losses are great right now because the buffs were important, but they will diminish. And the ubber guilds will wait in B instead of attacking A, making it less of a suicide mission than attacking an healing city in A.

I say give it some time before we suggest changes regarding the percentages. Can the ubber guild hold 4, 5, 6 or 7 cities? WHat is the maximum they can hold? We need to figure that out first. 4 would be too low in my opinion, but 7 might be too much. One thing is sure, it needs to be able to hold so much more than the smaller guilds to make it relevant to be stronger.

Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    Do you honestly think RL friends get together and play tynon together?

Be realistic please.
    You are unrealistic!! There really are game playing families. You can't restrict it. Get off your high horse here Herby.

Quote Originally Posted by MisChief View Post
    You are unrealistic!! There really are game playing families. You can't restrict it. Get off your high horse here Herby.

Ok my bad. I take that back.

Apprentice
    My Guild has always been strong. we had many players last night getting beat by people way less powerful. our battle planning was done as always a winning battle plan never had an issue with it before. so the changes made were not good at all. I feel it should be put back the way it was.

Quote Originally Posted by rossdrennon_5620769 View Post
    My Guild has always been strong. we had many players last night getting beat by people way less powerful. our battle planning was done as always a winning battle plan never had an issue with it before. so the changes made were not good at all. I feel it should be put back the way it was.
    This could be helpful if you gave us some important details:
    #1-- how many cities did you own during this attack? 5? 6? 8? (this will give us an idea at how much they were boosted)
    #2-- how many players were attacking you at this city?
    #3-- how many players were defending this city?
    Last edited by Cuddles_1461020; 03-18-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Cuddles' Law: The volume of a player's whine is directly proportional to his/her VIP level.

How will giving better rewards for guild war battles balance anything. So, crappy players/alts will still beat better/more powerful players and get better rewards? Seems like pouring fuel on a fire, if anything that change will make it worse than it already is. Like adding a tidal wave on top of the earthquake you already made.

Champion
    This poll need to be divided in different ?. My vote would be no it will not affect cw and yes it will affect gw.