Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's downtime.

Tynon Team

Today's downtime.

Greetings,
    Earlier we had some connectivity issues with all company services. This was due to a critical hardware fault with a third party partner. During this outage, our servers were operating normally, as was our data center, however for all intents and purposes, our playerbase could not access our products.

We would like to apologize for this issue, however it was fully beyond our control. We are currently investigating ways to mitigate risk and impact for the future, but have been given assurances from all parties involved that this won't happen again.

We'd like to take a moment and thank all of you for your amazing patience, and understanding with this issue. We work hard to ensure as much up time as possible, and we're as frustrated as you are over this.

Thanks for your understanding, and see you on the battlefield.
    D

thx for the message and its unusual =)

ps: maybe some compensation to the players for they patience during the 12hrs downtime? pretty please
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Will there be compensation provided for this issue since many people can only get on late at night to perform certain tasks? Missed banishes? Missed Sails? Many missed opportunities?

so i found out about the outage by looking at tynon facebook page and agree with above, some sort of compensation would be appreciated... however the BIG question is....who is the new 'egyptian' hero i saw whilst there on FB and when is expected release??

Champion
    and no Guild War tonight
    Ziron Guild, Blaze of Fire Dragon Server, Water Realm, Kyle_Tormain

Good hearing from you dave!

uCool was not the only one to be inaccessible.

after much frustration, I discovered that various site were experiencing connectivity issues in the past 24 hours.

aa.com
    aceofspades.com
    ancestry.com
    facebook.com
    homes.com
    realtor.com

[hell even nsa.gov was shut down today]

numerous reports from customers of At&t, and T-Mobile saying they had literally no cell signal.
    my guess is that somewhere in the world, a coalition of malicious internet moguls decided to play internet war games.

Guardian
    i can only assuming that since we couldnt get on for cerberus that everyone lost their current banish and is dropped down to the previous.

if this happened on wednesday, not as much of a big deal, but thursday of all things, why?! hahaha. so many upgrade lost among other things. yes a compensation would be very nice after all of this.

the BGP Backbone on HE.net aka Hurricane Electric Shows there was no outage. bgp.he.net <--ucool backbone-->

EDIT: Oh Wait, This was a critical hardware fault and the servers were still up. Just not connected to the world. ROFL!
    Get some geek lang dave and say something we dont understand to make us happy. Blame Russia? But 12 hours of downtime? You guys sleep all day? HHAHAHAHHA
    Last edited by BGB; 06-19-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by BGB View Post
    the BGP Backbone on HE.net aka Hurricane Electric Shows there was no outage. bgp.he.net <--ucool backbone-->

EDIT: Oh Wait, This was a critical hardware fault and the servers were still up. Just not connected to the world. ROFL!
    Get some geek lang dave and say something we dont understand to make us happy. Blame Russia? But 12 hours of downtime? You guys sleep all day? HHAHAHAHHA
    Hey alt Hows it go.

http://www.issitedownrightnow.com/status/tynon.com

Here you go dave, If you were down 12 hours i would be asking someone for 12 hours of refund. You can use this URL as a benchmark of when your site was down. And we started Bitching.