Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: people quiting the game after buying top tier mount

  1. #1
    Guardian
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lunar
    Posts
    103

    people quiting the game after buying top tier mount

    a few months after the mount update came out. guild member bought a rhino (when they were kinda top tier at the time) then quit the game ~ a month later. so theres an inactive player with a good mount. now, a month ago, another guild member bought a chimera and guess what, looks like hes quit. this is quite annoying. a little 100 mill player takes a top tier mount and quit. while im over here almost at 400 mill with my badass rhino cause im working on runes (cause thats the best thing to do, not a mount (not till end game)) and another guildmate is planning to get a chimera. (~70ish mill player). though he said hes not quiting.

    so now i gotta stop doing runes and rush to a chimera before anyone else takes em (cause people realm hop to buy them now). now our second strongest will have to buy the next best when he has enough coins for it. dunno how far away he is from it. but he keeps telling me that hes wanting the "road kill bird" anyway. but thats not my point. we're short 1 rhino and chimera cause people wants to go all out to buy a mount and quit. none of these people are alts, actual players.

    4.4 bill shouldnt be to hard for me to get, and will get it before the 70mill guild mate, but i shouldnt need to do this cause some asshole wants to quick with the mount. this is crap.

    speaking of mounts, should be a way to recycle old mounts. like my rhino, it'd be cool to sell/give/whatever with my rhino when i get the chimera so otheres could buy him and get a mount upgrade. we have several people with bears/rhinos that now has a higher tier mount and they're not being used.

  2. #2
    Sirius kaisim_2492829's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Expunged
    Posts
    2,206
    you can still buy them in any other realm due to you switching there for gem hunting for example or someone else who got a chimera that switched to another realm then one in your own realm would get available.
    that being said, its kinda the point to limit them and make only a certain amount available. with the exploit tho there is an unlimited amount available as long as the others play along. kind of disappointing and i would like to see a mount that is for a particular group available only. if thats a mount for CW winners only or a mount for the top 3 power players per server or whatever they can come up with...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

  3. #3
    Justice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Dragon View Post
    a few months after the mount update came out. guild member bought a rhino (when they were kinda top tier at the time) then quit the game ~ a month later. so theres an inactive player with a good mount. now, a month ago, another guild member bought a chimera and guess what, looks like hes quit. this is quite annoying. a little 100 mill player takes a top tier mount and quit. while im over here almost at 400 mill with my badass rhino cause im working on runes (cause thats the best thing to do, not a mount (not till end game)) and another guildmate is planning to get a chimera. (~70ish mill player). though he said hes not quiting.

    so now i gotta stop doing runes and rush to a chimera before anyone else takes em (cause people realm hop to buy them now). now our second strongest will have to buy the next best when he has enough coins for it. dunno how far away he is from it. but he keeps telling me that hes wanting the "road kill bird" anyway. but thats not my point. we're short 1 rhino and chimera cause people wants to go all out to buy a mount and quit. none of these people are alts, actual players.

    4.4 bill shouldnt be to hard for me to get, and will get it before the 70mill guild mate, but i shouldnt need to do this cause some asshole wants to quick with the mount. this is crap.

    speaking of mounts, should be a way to recycle old mounts. like my rhino, it'd be cool to sell/give/whatever with my rhino when i get the chimera so otheres could buy him and get a mount upgrade. we have several people with bears/rhinos that now has a higher tier mount and they're not being used.
    I agree. Mounts now are based on title, so you should be able to acquire one when you reach title, except the Chimera that doesn't have that limitation. I agree that more should be available, and i think we should be able to recycle then our old mounts that are unused, yet unavailable to other players. I got a dragon, which is now obsolete since i got my Chimera. Shame some other player can't get that dragon now..... the limit of 3 per realm is just really too low. I doubt they fix that now, just another miss by Tynon.

  4. #4
    Guardian
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lunar
    Posts
    103
    i understand why its limited and agree with that. im just annoyed that someone just goes and quits after buying them. they're not helping anyone. i wouldnt be annoyed if a weak player bought one, but stay active. the chimera should have some type of requirement other than a mass amount of coins, so it can be reserved for higher lvl players. if they release more mounts, they should increase the limit on the ones below that by alittle.

  5. #5
    Justice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,037
    I don't know that i agree with making them more rare, or harder to get. After all, when the game started they were for "looks" only, added nothing to you, so i could understand the rarity as novelty. When they changed that, and made them add to your overall HP, (speed which i still don't think adds to anything), and tied it to title, all should have the same opportunity to get it with title. Just like we can buy the card for that level of title. Then we should have a sellback option, so those mounts stay in the game. If they had that, i can see keeping the limits, without that no. Any lower acct now can't get much above tiger EVER. Regardless of how much they grow. Those are gone on our server. Moving realms won't help. I think there are some leopards left.

  6. #6
    Sirius kaisim_2492829's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Expunged
    Posts
    2,206
    dont forget that chimera and windrunner where added after they did the HP/runspeed changes and are intended for the top players only and therefore limited even more rare than the dragon was.
    also when you move mounts into other realms the mounts will increase in the origin realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

  7. #7
    Guardian
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lunar
    Posts
    103
    i agree with mischief though. im all for having super rare mounts for top tier players, but we need a way to reuse old mounts. probably somthing for people who quit with high tier mounts/mounts in general. the only reason those 2 people are going/had gone for the chimera, but no where near powerful enough to deserve them is cause they think the hp boost will help them so much over runes. both had very bad runes and they rather go 4.4 bill on a mount that only gives hp instead of runes which is very powerful. they have the mindset of number power is what makes you powerful. guild mate gained ~6 mill power for upgrading to a lvl 8 bear. 5k hp per hero. to them thats alot. but its just 5k hp which is meh for the power this guy has, though it helps.

    im sitting at almost 400 mill with a rhino and the 8 star bear player is sitting at ~280 mill with ezekiel dead, stuck on malmepholis #2 due to his low runes. chimera for me and roadkill bird for him and it'd give us a nice boost. i personally will never get the "Dragon" cause as you can see from my name, i love dragons. and that is no dragon, i always call em a "Dino" so its either chimera or roadkill bird (wind runner ofc). our 3rd strongest wants a panda, so she'll probably never upgrade to a new mount (currently a bear) hahaha. so get on it ucool, and fix the "Dragon" mount, just change the name to "Dinosaur" and everything will be fine

  8. #8
    Sirius kaisim_2492829's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Expunged
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Dragon View Post
    [...]
    im sitting at almost 400 mill with a rhino and the 8 star bear player is sitting at ~280 mill with ezekiel dead, stuck on malmepholis #2 due to his low runes. chimera for me and roadkill bird for him and it'd give us a nice boost. i personally will never get the "Dragon" cause as you can see from my name, i love dragons. and that is no dragon, i always call em a "Dino" so its either chimera or roadkill bird (wind runner ofc). our 3rd strongest wants a panda, so she'll probably never upgrade to a new mount (currently a bear) hahaha. so get on it ucool, and fix the "Dragon" mount, just change the name to "Dinosaur" and everything will be fine
    HAHAHAHA roadkill bird! so much better than "magic carpet ride"
    also i am thinking about the guy (forgot who said it first, so sorry no quote) who said about the t-rex "i call mine dave" or something like that lol

    other than that, i strongly recommend that after you got your 4.4B together, you use up your guild contributions and then switch realms for a week. the first switch is free the second costs you 150 gems and you return after you bought your chimera. if you go really slow (and smart) on the bottom of the new arena you will climb up in it on 100 gem stakes and most that do the switch have the 150 gems together in 1-2 days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

  9. #9
    Justice
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,037
    The realm change thing only goes so far. Once all are gone, you have to ask someone to leave a realm to go to buy one, that's not easliy done. On the 5 realm servers, that costs people money and who wants to spend 150 gems to do that? Plus, that is now, in a month or 2 they will all be gone. Problem is too, the folks with tigers can't get bears, bears can't get dragons.. and so forth.... and getting worse, until all mounts will be gone except the horses. lol Well, there are quite a few leopards.

  10. #10
    yes, when you get a better mount, your current one should be released back into the pool. No one, i expect, is going to ride a weaker mount, if they want to lose, don't have any mount lol, so let the old one be recycled

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •