Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: people quiting the game after buying top tier mount

Quote Originally Posted by MisChief View Post
    The realm change thing only goes so far. Once all are gone, you have to ask someone to leave a realm to go to buy one, that's not easliy done. On the 5 realm servers, that costs people money and who wants to spend 150 gems to do that? Plus, that is now, in a month or 2 they will all be gone. Problem is too, the folks with tigers can't get bears, bears can't get dragons.. and so forth.... and getting worse, until all mounts will be gone except the horses. lol Well, there are quite a few leopards.
    dont get me wrong, i am all for selling mounts back to the NPC, but if the player went inactive then he wont sell it back either. now about the "leaving realm part", i assumed s.s.dragon or other players would move back to their origin realm (=the realm where they bought the mount gets one added again). i think it was matty who pointed it out first, that an exploit like that would lead to an unlimited amount of mounts as long as the players talk to each other. i dont think that was the developers intentions.

ps: there is many players who are farming realms and a realm switch gives them 10x the amount of gems they had spent to switch realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisim_2492829 View Post
    dont get me wrong, i am all for selling mounts back to the NPC, but if the player went inactive then he wont sell it back either. now about the "leaving realm part", i assumed s.s.dragon or other players would move back to their origin realm (=the realm where they bought the mount gets one added again). i think it was matty who pointed it out first, that an exploit like that would lead to an unlimited amount of mounts as long as the players talk to each other. i dont think that was the developers intentions.

ps: there is many players who are farming realms and a realm switch gives them 10x the amount of gems they had spent to switch realms
    Yes, but you still don't get the point that, like in our server, the chimera's are nearly gone. 3 on fire realm are gone, one left in forest, etc. As those get taken where can you move to get one? You'd have to ask people to leave the realm, to open one up, i just don't see people doing that for 150 gems for another person to get a mount. Someone might, but that is not an "exploit" i think will be used much at all. I also think you are exaggerating on the amt of gems one can "farm" on a trip through a realm. I have moved realms, for reasons other than just gem hunt, and i usually pay my way back, but not 10x more!!!

Yes, but you still don't get the point that, like in our server, the chimera's are nearly gone. 3 on fire realm are gone, one left in forest, etc. As those get taken where can you move to get one? You'd have to ask people to leave the realm, to open one up, i just don't see people doing that for 150 gems for another person to get a mount. Someone might, but that is not an "exploit" i think will be used much at all. I also think you are exaggerating on the amt of gems one can "farm" on a trip through a realm. I have moved realms, for reasons other than just gem hunt, and i usually pay my way back, but not 10x more!!!
    the exploit would in players communicating to each other to leave realms (again exploiting is not the same as cheating while cheating mostly includes exploits) and giving the others the opportunity to buy more mounts as there where intended. much like preparing for heavens palace or saving sailing rewards for saturday, its an exploit but not a cheat.
    on your gem count for switching realms you are far off. the last time i switched realms i gained roughly 1200 gems and the server record set by AJ stands at 3555 in one week
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.

Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by kaisim_2492829 View Post
    the exploit would in players communicating to each other to leave realms (again exploiting is not the same as cheating while cheating mostly includes exploits) and giving the others the opportunity to buy more mounts as there where intended. much like preparing for heavens palace or saving sailing rewards for saturday, its an exploit but not a cheat.
    on your gem count for switching realms you are far off. the last time i switched realms i gained roughly 1200 gems and the server record set by AJ stands at 3555 in one week
    OK, you say yourself AJ is a record!! Not the norm. Yours is high, not everyone does that. None-the-less, you say they will do this by communicating, well DUH, but does that mean that people are that willing to move to a diff realm, diff guild. Point being, Tynon needs to make more mounts available, so that it doesn't encourage "exploits". and let us at least put the ones we are no longer using back in the realms.

This game is running perfectly. Some weak-sauce player has a chimera? Good on him! If you want one, you go for it. You can finish this game with a tiger, and I'll bet u can do it with a leopard. Big mounts are cool, but they are NOT a game-changer. Somewhere in HR around bone dragon, it becomes all about offense. That should be addressed. HP don't matter if you go 30 rounds and lose with 5 heroes standing. Big mounts are a limited run. If you don't get one...too frickin' bad. If it's important, you shoulda tried harder. If you're on a server where all the good mounts are taken...deal with it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by vandekop_693725 View Post
    This game is running perfectly. Some weak-sauce player has a chimera? Good on him! If you want one, you go for it. You can finish this game with a tiger, and I'll bet u can do it with a leopard. Big mounts are cool, but they are NOT a game-changer. Somewhere in HR around bone dragon, it becomes all about offense. That should be addressed. HP don't matter if you go 30 rounds and lose with 5 heroes standing. Big mounts are a limited run. If you don't get one...too frickin' bad. If it's important, you shoulda tried harder. If you're on a server where all the good mounts are taken...deal with it and move on.
    right on.
    giving a "buy-back" option for NPC wont make more available except lower mounts. in the past i was hoping for more mounts, more expensive and even more rare (like a 3 per server count for example), mounts limited to CW winners (not that i would ever get one, but love the idea), mounts available from packages only, etc ... and was also hoping to see the active mount with the player on the CW screen so we know what we are up against, can show off, etc ...
    i gave up hoping on it tho

The idea of extra mounts being available is great but everyone is missing the point. Extra mounts means players take their time building runes, gear and a bankroll before they buy. A limited number means players build a bankroll asap (which almost always means coining) or the mounts are gone. ie 10 players try for the available chimeras.... 1 player gets the ride and tynon gets the profits from the other 9.

Justice
    I get that. They would make more ultimately if they had more available, 15 is 15 once gone = 0 income. If they added more, or more of the lower ones, same thing, windrunners, dragons, bears.... still would add up to more income for them, right? I don't think 10 people are saving 4billion coins, if they are not fairly sure of getting one. And 15 is on the 5 realm servers, the others have less i assume? Do the math, if they had even 50 available, 50 x 4B is more for them, and if people knew they added a few more, they might scramble to get them.

[...]... still would add up to more income for them, right? I don't think 10 people are saving 4billion coins, if they are not fairly sure of getting one. And 15 is on the 5 realm servers, the others have less i assume? Do the math, if they had even 50 available, 50 x 4B is more for them, and if people knew they added a few more, they might scramble to get them.
    you still not getting the point. i am sorry that's me who is pointing this out again and i expect you calling me a smartass as you usually do, but the point is to force players to build faster and buy gems (for shrine, boxes, development, contributions, ...or even buy the mount with gems to avoid the restrictions) in case they dont have enough coins or to stash them up faster. if they all had enough time to save for the top mount they would acquire them after 6 months, 1 year, ... or even later; therefore without pressure all would buy mounts from the free coins they got from banish, arena, etc...

ps: also there is a certain "status factor" in case the mounts would be truly limited

The very high level rich people on our server made a giant pile of alts, stuffed them full of coins (revenge parties), and then bought up all the tigers and rhinos in every realm. Kind of ruined it for other players.