Insurgent, an interesting movie about divergent people. It was a surprise for me to be able to see this film. It is a film about a society, a post-nuclear Chicago - excuse me, that's the only spoiler you are going to get here - it's difficult to tell from the film that the city depicted is part of a post-holocaust Chicago, only being familiar with the Lake Michigan area, myself - it's a beautiful and horrible fantasyland, the set of Insurgent is, and a viewer might care to watch this film once, just for a good gaze at the setting itself. The Amity set itself is wonderful, although, a bit off-putting, in its semblance in some unseen way to something from Soylent Green.

The actors, very attractive people, handsome and beautiful characters, in neo-medieval war equipment, mainly from a sector or faction of this fantasy society called Dauntless who either became factionless, or switched to too many other factions, such as Candor, Abnegation, or the veritable dystopian greenery called Amity. The Erudite faction runs society, from a headquarters in a faceless Bauhaus-style headquarters, headed by a Madonna-like (the singer) character called Jeanine in this film. There isn't much for the "Skeptical Inquirer" to doubt that isn't already covered by the doubts of the characters in this motion picture itself.

The divergents, Brother and Beatrice Pryor, Four, and Peter - meeting up with a twisted fate of chutes and ladders-like choices, find themselves in a predicament from which a solution is only a remote possibility. This is a movie with a moral fable, and a plot that reinforces moral structure and ethics while still being entertaining. It's slightly more adult than most of the comic book offerings for the summer. Some sophists might find the film to be too sugar-coated, while some children might find the film to be too scary. Overall - Insurgent is a good, solid bit of entertainment.

There's even a novel series that these scripts, produced for Lionsgate Entertainment, were based on, that a person can read, prior to deciding whether or not to see the film with a group of people, for various reasons.