Thread: can we do something about people creating alts to ruin the fun of GWs?

Guardian

can we do something about people creating alts to ruin the fun of GWs?

1 guild. ~15 active members. only 3-5 is worthy of fighting. the others dont come close to doing anything. then they have abot 10-12 alts thats really weak and i know they are alts of players in that guild. same guild has 5 alt guilds to block, each guild has at least 5 alts.

my guild. ~10 active members, but i personally (4th strongest in the server) can take their top 2-3 at the same time, our second strongest can take out their 3rd strongest, and a handful of others. our 3rd strongest can finish up the rest of their active members and we have no alt guilds.

even the other main guild in the server. has the top 3 strongest in the server and has trouble fighting them.

to me, they are being rewarded for having alts and alt guilds. to me it looks like the only way to survive is to have alts and alt guilds.

people say dont worry about the alts, they do no dmg. but thats not the point. its durablity, easy funds and easy gws blocks/fights.

cant tynon do something about this? ofc not. wont someone from tynon look at this. not with dawn gone. what should i do? make alts and alt guilds? guess so.

Has been discussed many times. Nothing is going to be done about alts. It is against the ToS but uCool is just not enforcing it.
    The opinions expressed on this post are my own as a player, not as a Moderator.

yes there is something you can do.
    recruit more players to your guild so the alts are meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Has been discussed many times. Nothing is going to be done about alts. It is against the ToS but uCool is just not enforcing it.
    ty andy for your true and honest opinion. we all know the truth, scary though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Guardian
    dead server, unless we merge, there is no new players. but ucool thinks its an active server due to so many alts created. i dont have time nor manpower to create alts. i personally dont condone alts, i hate em, took me 4+ months to get my own alt due to other reasons, never used em for anything, had him dead for the first 2 months. but this is crap. i work my ass off getting sirius gear, work my ass off getting stronger and they just get more alts faster and easier.

looks like this game is going down the road of bots soon. im against bots too, wont ever use em, but i wont be afraid to automate things on my own account and will do. i have the power to automate banish and intend to do so if ucool wont fix the alt problems. between work and other games thats more fun than this game. i dont have time to do all this crap every day. if i can automate 250 or 1.25 mill banish while im at work. ill do it, again if ucool doesnt do something. i dont like cheating in games, but if lowlife asshats gets away with it, then so be it.

not leaving the dead server im on for a few reasons, i put to much money (well to much for my liking), the enemy guild would win and my guild would die, and i would leave behind my friends. if quit the server, i quit the game, never going to other servers. theres way better games out there than this, ie steam.

another batch of merges, fix alt problems or riot.

gotta agree with the above. Has anyone contacted UCool about this? It's getting out of hand. Combine the servers, separate the top players to each realm and don't give them the ability to switch realms.

uCool is well aware of the alt problems. They are just not doing anything about it, probably because there is no real good way to determine who is an alt that would not also include legitimate players. This has been discussed in the forum many times.
    The opinions expressed on this post are my own as a player, not as a Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    uCool is well aware of the alt problems. They are just not doing anything about it, probably because there is no real good way to determine who is an alt that would not also include legitimate players. This has been discussed in the forum many times.
    i still would love to see all "new" servers combined into the first 10 or at least the first 30 (something like 1 server per realm on 11-30). no point in forcing a player to stay on a dead server after he got x10 the power of the second place for example and its not really pleasant for the lower players to get 1% or less during banishes because the top players do 90%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.

Build the alts on phished email accounts and use them as demo tunes. Let people you hardly know log into the tunes and wonder how to play this fun game.

When all goes well on a server, get the alts out of the guild and put them back in their "carrying case" and let strange people bumble around the field trying to figure out how things work on tynon.

Try not to give out the password to too many newbies as each player trainee will want to develop the tune in his or her own way.

Alts are great things to play while visiting family, they make great Christmas gifts.

This is over a year old. Sadly although the OP remains a problem, regarding to forum policy I will need to close it.

Forum Moderators are volunteers and are unable to fix in game problems