Thread: GW Power Boost Question

GW Power Boost Question

Hi All,

I have a question about how the power boost works as it seems a little out of whack from what I thought it should be. Below is an example of what I am talking about.

Attacking Guild has an 18mill power player sitting at D
    Defending guild has a 23 mill power player attack D
    The defending player loses(it happens so that all good), however when you check the replay it shows that the 18mill player has 27mill power??
    My thought process is that the attacking guild has control of cities B and C so should have a 10% power boost. So 10% of 18,000,000 is 1,800,000. So where does the 27mill come from??

Another example is the attacking team is now attacking G..
    They have a 34mill player attack who should have a 20% power boost.. so basically they should be 41mill(give or take). However when they attack G they are 47mill?? This same player was sitting at a little over 34mill when they where hit at A.

So basically I am trying to understand how the power boosts work? As it is causing confusion and I want to be able to explain it to others.

Championship Warfare Scribe
    Not all stats are designed with the same power increase for stat boosts. Depends how someone sets themselves up.

Thank you Kruize! Any chance you can elaborate a bit on your response? I still don't see how different stats can be so different that a supposed 10% increase turns into an over 40+% increase as is the case with the 18mill going to 27mill???

Boosts don't apply to the power number, they apply to the raw stats power is calculated from. There's a multiplier effect in play when the actual power number is calculated. You see the same thing with all the boosts - Rag, world boss, heaven's palace. 80% boost often results in a power number that's 3 to 4 times larger.

What about the new GW nd the Buffs they give.. My question is how that works like does it apply only to the challengers or can u get the buff while defending?

As in all parts of tynon it is just very bad programming, A guild seems to have 30% power boost oneday and 10% the next attacking the same guild, there seems n logical reason to how tynon works at all. The same as you can fight a heroic boss using the same formation as someone who beat it, have better armour, better runes, sanctions, stars, 50m more power, yet take weeks to beat it

Quote Originally Posted by ZARA-STORM_6088890 View Post
    As in all parts of tynon it is just very bad programming, A guild seems to have 30% power boost oneday and 10% the next attacking the same guild, there seems n logical reason to how tynon works at all. The same as you can fight a heroic boss using the same formation as someone who beat it, have better armour, better runes, sanctions, stars, 50m more power, yet take weeks to beat it
    GW system has been changed twice since and has been discussed excessively on this forum. try the search function...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseeker View Post
    [...]This is likely a case of collective obsessional behavior (i.e. group delusion). This can spread rapidly through any group based on fear and rumors without any objective facts. We've seen it happen numerous times in Tynon already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herby View Post
    The forums sure has fallen from grace, turning into a vent-fest, instead of people sharing ideas and techniques.
    Quote Originally Posted by riot View Post
    I choose to lose the way I do so I can get max tickets when I give up the CWF.